KEY JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
• Copywriting: Write high-engagement content that reflects the Water For People brand voice
• Content Development: Support the Marketing and Communications team to develop a variety of written materials that may include content for website, digital media, direct mail, reports, publications, presentations, campaigns, donor engagement tools, and external communications for water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector audience, donors, and corporate partners.
• Editing: Review and edit content (including grants, donor reports, marketing collateral, etc.)in both English and Spanish to ensure consistent global branding and messaging
• Work with the Writer and Content Manager to develop story starts that relate to current marketing strategy and editorial themes
• Serve as the direct marketing and communications link between Latin America country offices and HQ, helping these offices contribute to local, regional, and global communications plans and strategies
• In collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications, support Latin America country offices in creation and execution of their own marketing and communications plans
• Provide marketing and communications-related support for Latin America regional business development efforts
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications, Global Programs, and Program Learning teams to support the broader, Latin America communications plan and strategy, helping to fulfill asset needs for various departments
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to design training activities for MarCom team members globally, and tailor to implement in Latin America country offices
• Coordinate asset collection from the five Latin America country programs (photography, video, and written collateral)
• Support Water For People’s global influence strategy by assisting with Water For People’s participation and visibility at WASH sector conferences and events (as needed)
• Ensure brand quality, consistency, and alignment – through messaging and visual communication – across all country offices and HQ
• Support internal Spanish-English-Spanish translation, as needed
• Manage project budgets and outside vendors, as needed
• Provide support for other tasks and special projects as necessary
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Connects to the Mission – embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development; understands and demonstrates how own efforts impact on the larger organization and operates in alignment with the vision, values, and strategic objectives of the organization.
• Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity– understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – shows empathy, a high comfort level in the low- and middle-income countries, and unquestionable integrity; able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
• Connects with Others – demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, exceptional networker, key influencer, and be comfortable representing Water For People across a wide variety of audiences
• Action-oriented – has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products
• Manages through Ambiguity – demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
• Self-confident – demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role; handles tough questions or critique in a professional manner assuming the best intentions; open to feedback and coaching.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Advertising, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• 4-6 years of experience in advertising or marketing roles, developing a variety of written content for multiple consumer and business audiences, both domestic and international
• Fluency in Spanish & English required; experience communicating with global audiences in both languages (written and verbal) • Ability to curate clear and concise content for internal and external audiences that captures the essence of campaigns and Water For People’s WASH sector work
• Project management skills – able to keep multiple projects moving and meet competing
• Working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and social media
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, WordPress strongly preferred
• Experience living and working in another country desired
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time domestically and internationally to low- and middle-income countries where travel can be rugged
• Open office environment when not traveling
• This position is based at Water For People Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.