Job Description – Marketing & Communications Manager, PR & Media Relations (E19NATSMGRGO035-CL5)
Marketing & Communications Manager, PR & Media Relations–E19NATSMGRGO035-CL5
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
External Comms/PR Manager
Are you a team player and creative thinker with superlative writing and project management skills? Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results that drive business objectives? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the “Apply Now” button!
What you’ll do:
The Marketing and Communications Manager, PR & Media Relations, will work closely with leadership, to help plan and execute external programs that build and protect the firm’s brand and reputation and ensure consistent messaging.
The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, and proactive practitioner who has an execution-oriented mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and drive external communications plans that strategically position Deloitte in the marketplace.
- Drive external eminence for Deloitte by proactively pitching stories positioning Deloitte leaders as experts on specific topics.
- Become accepted as a trusted advisor and provide strategic communications counsel to senior leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact and actively work to enhance and cultivate relationships with the media, particularly within top tier business press and leading trade publications, and facilitate media interviews with leadership.
- Prepare spokespeople and practice leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by creating detailed briefing books – including key messages and talking points – and providing refresher media training as appropriate, facilitating and coordinating more in-depth media training for spokespeople when required.
- Manage external PR agency resources.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong media relations skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate across a variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to audiences.
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus.
- Organized with ability to prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple, competing projects/priorities with aggressive due dates and quick turn-around times.
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross-functional groups or activities.
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and adapt to business needs.
- Interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, including ability to interact with and coach senior leaders and highly intellectual thinkers.
- Persuasive skills and able to gain consensus through influence.
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability.
- Financial management skills and ability to manage budget.
- Conceptual and strategic thinker with the ability to balance innovative approaches with business objectives.
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience in corporate communications and working closely with and writing for senior executives.
Deloitte’s Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by delivering innovative communications strategies and approaches for internal and external audiences. We build and protect our brand, and help our leaders influence positive behaviors, drive change, reinforce successes, and promote a strong sense of community through coordinated, consistent messaging. From concept to execution, we help our leaders reach their audience and achieve a consistent standard of excellence using proven communication methodologies.
- Communications professional with a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
- Proven success in developing and executing external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business
- Ability to successfully engage and lead team members, providing effective guidance, coaching and capability development, maintaining close understanding of all team activities, ensuring high quality for all activities/deliverables, and implementing course corrections when needed
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies
· High-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
· Experience in Professional Services a plus.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.