About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field several days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
This posting will accept applications until January 22nd. Please apply as soon as possible.
Employment Location: Primarily remote with expectation that you must come into the office periodically (Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 West Colfax Avenue, 3rd floor, Denver, CO 80202) and reside in or intend to reside in the state of Colorado as well as be within 2 hours driving distance to the office.
About Technology Services
The Technology Services Department (TS) of the City and County of Denver use state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications, and operations to our customers. Technology Services supports the people, agencies, and ideas that make the City and County of Denver a world-class city. The city offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ more than 13,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population over 700,000 Denverites.
About Digital Experience
Digital Experience (DE) is a division within the department of Technology Services. DE exists to improve the resident experience with online transactions with the City and County of Denver. DE manages and promotes the city's priority messaging, brand identity, website, digital marketing platforms, Denver 8 TV, and municipal and community television stations. DE provides marketing and video production resources to city agencies and departments, administration of the city's cable franchise and public education access agreements.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Digital Experience embraces an opportunity to break out of the traditional government box and grow the Mile-High City brand with innovative, video, and digital-led marketing solutions that speak to our customers, the people who live, work and play in Denver. We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual to join our team.
We're looking for an organized, upbeat, and well-rounded marketing/communications professional who is a top-notch writer, digital content strategist, and able to create simple graphics for digital platforms. If you are flexible, a strong communicator and partnership builder, highly collaborative, and thrive in a team environment, this opportunity may be for you!
We're looking for an organized, upbeat, and well-rounded marketing/communications professional who is a top-notch writer, content strategist, brand marketer, and able to create simple graphics for digital platforms. If you are flexible, a strong communicator and partnership builder, highly collaborative, and thrive in a team environment, this opportunity may be for you!
The Marketing & Communications Specialist reports to the Marketing & Brand Manager. In this role, you will create content for internal communications for Technology Services and over 11K city employees. As new technologies are implemented, decommissioned, or updated, you will assist by working internally to decode the message and translate it to technical and non-technical staff. Additionally, you will create external marketing/communications campaigns using external citywide platforms for social. In this position, you will work collaboratively with the Digital Experience content distribution and creative services teams, with departments across Technology Services, and with city agency and department customers.
This position is critical to rounding out a small but mighty marketing team and creating engaging content and campaigns that resonate with city employees and the resident and business customers we serve.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will be expected to:
- Assist Marketing & Brand Manager in setting and meeting deliverable timelines for cross-functional Technology Services and Digital Experience teams, city agency and department customers, and external marketing agency partners and vendors
- Execute marketing/communications tactics and ensure implementation of campaign deliverables, content strategy elements and communication plans
- Define, analyze and optimize important metrics for paid media performance. Provide campaign reports and ability to connect goals to division KPIs
- Create written and graphic assets for small and large marketing/communications campaigns and efforts.
- Provide crisis management and/or communications during emergency situations by managing and responding to media requests, serving as a spokesperson when needed, and report on follow-through of crisis communications efforts
- Stay up to date with the latest digital media best practices and technologies. Brainstorm and collaborate with internal teams on new ideas and tactics.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads and LinkedIn Ads
- Strong knowledge and experience of all different digital marketing channels, online marketing tools and best practices
- Proven record of successful budget management and management of advertising channels to meet target KPIs thresholds necessary for success
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in agency relationships and management
- Highly creative yet process-driven and relies on data to make decisions
- Strong project management skills and experience working in a deadline driven work environment
- Team player
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of full performance, professional level experience performing marketing and/or public relations functions including research and analysis, developing public announcements and publications, and developing marketing and/or public relations strategies.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
About Everything Else
CA2840 Marketing and Communications Specialist
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$80,371.00 – $132,612.00
$80,371.00 – $106,491.00/year, based on education and experience
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.