Scope: The Marketing & Public Relations Specialist assists in the planning and implementation of agency-wide fundraising, marketing, and public relations activities that will enable the Volunteers of America Colorado Branch to achieve the agency fundraising goals and enhance the public recognition of Volunteers of America. Responsible for maintaining the Volunteers of America Colorado Branch website.
1) Responsible for maintaining the current Volunteers of America website as digital content manager.
2) Must keep current with social media techniques, not exclusive to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Snapchat and Pinterest. Must be able to produce high-impact visuals and infographics and write compelling copy for social media content.
3) Monitors and reports on additional internet marketing activities such as email, pay-per-click advertising and banner ads.
4) Performs as point of contact for google grant. Work with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations to monitor search engine optimization.
5) Coordinates and manages selected special events for the agency including fundraising, client, branding, marketing and public relations events.
6) In conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations, produces all agency publications, including the newsletter, annual report, brochures, flyers, white papers, banners, and other printed and digital materials needed for fundraising and public relations purposes.
7) Writes long- and short-form search engine optimized newsletter articles (up to 500 words) and articles for smaller publications. Writes, edits and distributes weekly internal and external newsletter. Updates/maintains Sharepoint homepage with internal news, updates, and events.
8) Develops regular press releases for both printed, television and radio opportunities. Writes pitch letters to the media, maintains press lists, fosters press relationships, develops press kits and assists media at events.
9) Works in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations in the management of Public Relations events. Researches and develops new programs and events.
10) Coordinates and conducts client interviews for stories. Maintains a file of pre-written stories, stock photos, B roll, and other marketing materials.
11) Acts as the agency photographer at all agency events and edits photos.
12) In conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations, performs all aspects of administrative duties including managing quarterly media summary and maintaining a library of all articles and broadcasts relevant to Volunteers of America in such a way that the information is readily available for various uses.
13) All other duties as assigned.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Journalism or 4 years of equivalent relevant experience. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
2) Excellent communications skills, both orally and written, with experience in news writing and press releases. Must be able to write creatively, and edit and proofread work.
3) Digital and traditional content experience required. Must be skilled in all aspects of social media management.
4) WYSIWYG editor experience preferred; some knowledge of basic HTML preferred.
5) Strong organizational and computer skills.
6) Must be able to work independently and in a creative and collaborative manner with staff, media, and fellow non-profit organizations.
7) Poise and presence. Has a proven ability to work and interact with business and media executives as well as their volunteers being an official, professional representative of Volunteers of America Colorado Branch.
8) Must have valid Colorado driver’s license, state-mandated insurance and own transportation. Good driving record.
9) Demonstrates servant-leadership and models open communication. Commits to providing a nourishing, truthful, approachable, joyful and healthy environment.
10) Demonstrates compassion for helping those that are the most vulnerable in our community. Demonstrates knowledge of or a strong willingness to learn about poverty, human service government programs, VOAC solutions and services, homelessness, aging, veterans, at-risk youth and helping those most vulnerable in our society.
11) Models core culture attributes of VOAC that include “AIRS” (accountability, Integrity, Respect and Service). Also, models and pursues with vigor VOAs three strategical critical virtues of HHS (Hungry, Humble, People Smart).
Type: Full Time
Salary: $19.49 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.