We are looking for a strong marketing content creator and public relations professional to join our team! This is a functional manager role responsible for developing and executing great creative content for a variety deliverables.
Who you are:
- A passionate storyteller with a proven knack for creating effective marketing deliverables
- An expert in turning complex concepts into digestible, relevant, and accurate print, digital, and visual content
- Highly motivated by developing and executing tactics that connect with a variety of audiences
- A fierce brand advocate, promoter, and guardian
- A team player who can build strong relationships with subject matter experts
- Someone who sees a problem not as roadblock but as an exciting puzzle to be solved
- Hardworking, creative, curious, and a quick learner
Who we are: SCRAM Systems is the industry leader in software and electronic monitoring technologies for the community corrections field. We are driven to deliver innovative solutions that truly make a difference in the lives of the clients, customers, and communities we serve.
How you’ll contribute:
The Marketing and Public Relations Manager is responsible for the delivery of lead generation and public relations projects and serves as a content manager for communications initiatives. This position will engage in the planning, development, and execution of content for a variety of channels and audiences.
- Primary aggregator and creator of communications content for print and digital deliverables, including websites and blogs; digital and email marketing campaigns; press releases and media-focused materials; white papers and ebooks; infographics, videos, and other multimedia deliverables; case studies; collateral and sales support materials; and brand guidelines.
- Develop tactical plans and execute internal and external communications initiatives based on strategic direction from departmental and corporate management.
- Work with other marketing team members on large project workgroups to meet project needs.
- News/industry monitoring and reporting for media and social media.
- Blogging and social media work to support marketing activities and drive social engagement.
- Maintain and communicate editorial and brand guidelines to all communicators in the organization.
- Work with digital and graphic design team for art directing, storyboarding, and developing messages for creative campaigns, both print and digital.
- Consult with internal departments, develop content that promotes the appropriate message, and ensure its accuracy.
- Responsible for other strategic and departmental management duties as assigned.
- 7+ years in marketing communications and public relations in a corporate or non-profit setting, with a progression of responsibilities.
A powerhouse writer, editor, and content creator who:
- Can create content for a variety of audiences and deliverables.
- Knows the difference between a style guide and a grammar manual. Can spot a double space after periods from a mile away.
- Has a proven track-record producing and managing multimedia deliverables such as images, videos/vlogs, podcasts, top-quality presentations, and webinars.
- Can manage multiple projects and adjust priorities to meet business needs, while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Displays a willingness to grow professionally and seeks out opportunities to improve.
- Is comfortable working within a collaborative team and with employees and contractors in remote locations.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Journalism, Communications, English, Liberal Arts, Marketing, or related area of study.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High performing writer/editor and communicator with expert-level English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience leveraging SEO/SEM in key messaging.
- Experience with WordPress or similar web content management systems.
- An understanding of the principles of visual design.
- Strong research skills with the ability to identify and vet sources of information.
- Experience in marketing software or technical solutions
- Experience marketing to government agencies
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Salesforce.com or other CRM Systems
- HubSpot, Pardot, or other marketing automation systems