The Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of marketing strategies for all of the Aspen Art Museum’s programs and publications as well as maintaining the archive for the department.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities
  • Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the AAM’s Marketing Plan.
  • Assist in the drafting and editing of institutional press releases.
  • Post information on social media outlets: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
  • Provide general clerical assistance, including schedule maintenance, filing, copywriting, and event support.
  • Composition, trafficking, and placement of all newspaper, magazine, radio, and television advertisements.
  • Coordination of the distribution of AAM marketing materials throughout the Roaring Fork Valley.
  • Maintain active list of press, media, and marketing contacts.
  • Coordinate media appearances, including all standing radio and television programs.
  • Photograph the AAM’s events.
  • Produce and deliver content via social media, email, or direct mail.
  • Research media coverage and industry trends.
  • Assist in strategies to improve effective AAM internal communication.
  • Maintain an archive of all press, marketing, and PR materials, and coordinate with the curatorial department on dissemination of media coverage to stakeholders.
  • Compile and generate press kits for AAM meetings and stakeholder informational purposes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
  • Ability to represent the museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism, adhere to museum policies, maintain confidentiality, and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
  • Ability to classify, record, and compile archived information into a data system.
  • Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
  • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member.
  • Knowledge of art, AAM mission, and department policies and procedures.
  • Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
  • Ability to read, understand, and complete written and verbal requests and work assignments.
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results while managing multiple projects.
  • Demonstrated organizational and task management skills.
  • Dependability, flexibility, and adaptability in a dynamic event-driven environment.
  • Ability to work positively with colleagues, artists, the public, Board of Trustees, donors, and volunteers.
  • Proficiency in standard computer applications and proficient in Microsoft Office.
  • Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Requirements and Qualifications

BA degree from an accredited college or university and at least one year of relevant work experience, or any other combination of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.

Mental and Physical Abilities
  • Able to stand or walk around work area approximately 10% of the work day; remaining time (approximately 90%) is spent seated
  • Clear diction and adequate hearing are necessary for effective communication with coworkers, colleagues, and the public
  • Ability to work regularly in an open environment with both visual and audible distractions
  • Must be able to lift up to 30lbs
  • Corrected vision close to 20/20, ability to perceive color
  • Must be able to push and pull entrance and exit doors open or closed
  • Ability to stoop and kneel
  • Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments
Hours and Work Schedule

This is a non-exempt salaried position requiring availability during weekdays with occasional weekend, evening, and holiday work. The Marketing Assistant position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and will receive overtime pay for all hours worked in excess of forty in a seven-day workweek.

To apply, please send a letter of interest and a résumé in pdf format via email to:hr@aspenartmuseum.org

or mail to:

Aspen Art Museum
ATTN: Human Resources
637 East Hyman Avenue
Aspen, CO 81611

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditEmail this to someonePrint this page