Job Title: Marketing & Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing & Community Engagement Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Reporting Calendar: Staff, Year Round
Summary: An integral member of the Marketing Team, the Marketing & Community Engagement Coordinator works full-time and reports to the Director of Marketing & Community Engagement. The Marketing & Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with the Marketing & Community Engagement Director, as well as the Advancement and Admissions Departments to bring to life the school’s brand strategy by executing strategic communications initiatives for both internal and external constituencies.
The Marketing & Community Engagement Coordinator will assist with developing content that promotes understanding of the school’s programs and good will across constituencies. This position will also incorporate various proactive family communication and volunteer processes to build strength in the Aspen Academy community and increase the rate of family retention and engagement.
The Marketing & Community Engagement Coordinator is a 12-month, full-time, salaried position.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce and distribute the weekly electronic newsletter(s) to current parent body. This includes fielding incoming article requests from various constituencies; tracking down missing information; and drafting, editing and distributing the newsletter.
- Finalize and distribute the monthly, grade-level-specific Parent Civic Organization (PCO) newsletters to current parent body. (Information for these newsletters compiled by PCO members and submitted to the marketing team for review and distribution.)
- Update and maintain the school-wide calendar of communications. This includes interfacing with third-party vendor (RenWeb, SeniorSystems or the like) to troubleshoot any issues that arise related to the calendar. This also includes fielding incoming requests to add/update calendar listings, tracking down missing details and updating the calendar in three places (RenWeb, website and separate PDF calendar that also lives on website).
- Assist with the development of Marketing Strategy & Event Briefs and coordinate the development of all collateral from start to finish with the graphic design team.
- Update monthly, quarterly and annually the Marketing & Engagement Metrics Dashboard
- Execute yearly social media plan, including regularly posting fresh content to all Aspen Academy social media platforms and regularly monitoring all Aspen Academy social media platforms; alert leadership to any complaints or other issues and respond as appropriate.
- Track performance of and provide regular metrics reports on SEO, AdWords and social media ads.
Current and New Family Engagement:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with entire Aspen Academy community.
- Design and develop themed small groups to provide a more intimate method for parents to connect.
- Work with PCO’s New Family Co-Chairs to support and promote new family events.
- Increase celebrations of school’s achievements with parent community.
- Develop program to promote celebration of family events – babies, promotions, new house, etc.
- Develop and execute program designed to cyclically contact all families one time per semester to uncover and resolve issues and determine overall satisfaction.
- Work with Administration and Teachers to understand help needs in the school and match parents and guardians to available volunteer hours.
- Run quarterly reports to assess parent volunteer hours are being fulfilled.
- Manage volunteer sign-up coordination and SignUpGenius; includes regularly interfacing with PCO and other Aspen parents on this topic/providing SignUpGenius troubleshooting/tutorials as needed.
- Ensure all volunteer requests or fulfilled and that pre- and post- communications are delivered
- Oversee tracking of volunteer hours in tracking system.
- Assist with other administrative jobs as requested.
- Excellent organization and project coordination skills, and attention to detail
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, along with understanding of tenets of journalism, including AP style
- Social media acumen in your personal and professional life
- Working experience and understanding of graphic standards and branding, and graphic design platforms
- Initiative, internal motivation, a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined, and an ability to learn new and established procedures
- Ability to quickly form close, effective relationships with a wide variety of school constituencies
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams to achieve common goals
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment without reminders from others
- Demonstrated ability to execute responsibilities efficiently, accurately and on or before deadlines
- Ability to work independently while still being an effective, contributing team member
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of school
- Model the school’s core values with colleagues, students, parents and larger community
- Reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment, and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same
- Exhibit sound judgment related to confidential conversations, projects, and information related to the school or any of its constituents, including the effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals
- Grant permission for a background and/or credit check
Education & Experience:
- Four-year degree in marketing or communications
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related professional experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, social media applications, Google Analytics, Meta Tabs, Illustrator, video editing programs and the ability to learn additional software and web-based applications as needed
- Familiarity with website content management systems (i.e., Finalsite and Senior Systems), website analytic tools and inbound marketing tactics preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds