CollegeInvest is a not-for-profit division of the Colorado Department of Higher Education which provides 529 college savings plans. Our vision is to make a higher education financially attainable by saving. Our mission is to be Colorado’s trusted resource in breaking down the financial barriers to attaining a higher education through tax-advantaged college savings plans, scholarships, starter accounts, and matching grants.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
This position is responsible for activities within the Marketing Department, with an emphasis on sales and demographic analysis. Under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Manager, the coordinator will work to advance CollegeInvest’s & College Assist’s mission. Candidate must have a strong financial orientation with analytical skills and a strategic understanding of how marketing metrics form the organization’s overall strategy. The candidate should also have a passion for research.
COMPENSATION: $60,000 – $70,000/annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Marketing team in developing the annual business plan and budget, including measurable goals
- Assists with the management of expenditures consistent with approved budgets, continuously evaluating budget vs. actual expenditures
- Maintains exemplary records and documentation regarding budgeting and spending
- Assists the Marketing team with the development of marketing materials
- Assists with projects, reports, and presentations including preparation for board meetings, staff meetings, contract management, account
- Work with Marketing team to create strategy and schedule for social media postings on all platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Collaborates with Special Programs, Sales, Operations, and Employer Plan teams
- Works with outside agencies (creative, media and digital)
- Assists with our CRM platform (MailChimp & Engage) to communicate with account owners
- Assists with our annual consumer research projects to help guide and refine our marketing and messaging strategies
- Assist the Creative/Online Manager with our website CMS
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Plans
This position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager
- A minimum of four years of marketing or communications experience with an emphasis on financial analysis and budget management
- A passion for working with numbers and trends to influence marketing and business strategies
- Exceptional Excel expertise, experience using pivot tables and simple database operations
- Ability to analyze, model, and interpret data
- Must be able to write and edit analytical reports with a keen attention to detail
- Superior knowledge of MS Office Suite, including strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as working well with others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual proficiency highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in college savings plans or other higher education experience a plus
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications listed above and send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, CollegeInvest, 1600 Broadway, Suite 2300, Denver, CO 80202.
This position is not governed by the selection process of the classified personnel system and is not part of the classified state personnel system. Position will remain open until filled. Application review begins immediately, and position start is immediate. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
CollegeInvest offers a benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance to the employee and eligible dependents on a cost share basis. Disability insurance is provided at no cost to the employee. Paid leave time is accrued at 14 hours per month for vacation leave and 10 hours per month for sick leave. There are 10 paid holidays in a calendar year.
Employees of the State of Colorado do not contribute to Social Security but contribute to Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) instead.
CollegeInvest offers a hybrid work environment and flexible schedule.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
CollegeInvest is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resource Director, Cindy Langan, at email@example.com or call 720.264.8575.