CollegeInvest is a not-for-profit division of the Colorado Department of Higher Education which provides 529 college savings plans. Our vision is to make a higher education financially attainable by saving. Our mission is to be Colorado’s trusted resource in breaking down the financial barriers to attaining a higher education through tax-advantaged college savings plans, scholarships, starter accounts, and matching grants.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
This position is responsible for outreach activities within the Marketing Department, with an emphasis on promoting all of CollegeInvest’s programs to under-represented communities.
COMPENSATION: $55,000 – $60,000/annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote CollegeInvest and its programs around the State of Colorado through in-person and virtual presentations
- Actively work to build and maintain positive relationships with community agencies that serve under-represented audiences
- Ability to positively represent CollegeInvest in meetings with community stakeholders
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities including community events, workshops, appearances and other opportunities
- Ability to travel for work in state, in addition to other out-of-office activities that may include evenings or weekends
- Assist the Marketing team with the development of print and electronic marketing materials to be used for outreach
- Assist the Marketing team in developing the annual business plan and budget, including measurable goals
- Collaborate with Special Programs, Sales, Operations, and Employer Plan teams
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Plans
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of CollegeInvest special programs including First Step, Matching Grant and 529 Scholarship
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer
- A minimum of two years of marketing or communications experience with an emphasis on community engagement and outreach
- Bilingual desired
- Exceptional verbal presentation skills, including PowerPoint expertise
- Superior knowledge of MS Office Suite, including strong writing and proof-reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as working well with others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with community organizations
- Experience in college savings plans or other higher education experience a plus
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications listed above and send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, CollegeInvest, 1600 Broadway, Suite 2300, Denver, CO 80202.
This position is not governed by the selection process of the classified personnel system and is not part of the classified state personnel system. Position will remain open until filled. Application review begins immediately, and position start is immediate. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
CollegeInvest offers a benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance to the employee and eligible dependents on a cost share basis. Disability insurance is provided at no cost to the employee. Paid leave time is accrued at 14 hours per month for vacation leave and 10 hours per month for sick leave. There are 10 paid holidays in a calendar year.
Employees of the State of Colorado do not contribute to Social Security but contribute to Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) instead.
CollegeInvest offers a hybrid work environment and flexible schedule.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
CollegeInvest is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resource Director, Cindy Langan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720.264.8575.