At Exxel Outdoors, our mission is to help everyone create memorable life experiences with a family of trusted brands – from the backyards across communities to the summits of the highest peaks.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working closely with the Marketing Manager and other brand colleagues in managing all workbook, packaging, and print collateral timelines to execution, alongside tradeshow merchandising and logistics. This individual will also assist with planning and facilitating execution of packaging, photo shoots, social media, public relations initiatives, sponsorships, ambassador relationships, and donation solicitations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the execution of the annual Marketing Plan and creative calendar
- Ensures consistent brand image of the companies in all media, including brand representation on product
- Organizes and manages content and product grids
Product Packaging and Collateral Creation
- Coordinates the product merchandising process – to include timeline, spec data editing, copy review, layout review, overall editing, and print proof review
- Coordinates the creation of printed collateral (workbooks, catalogs, etc.) – to include timeline, spec data collection and editing, layout, photography, graphic design, overall editing, and print proof review
- Gathers and organizes product information and specs from product development colleagues
- Manages applicable programs with outside vendors (photographers, print quotes, etc.)
- Works with Sales and Dealer Services to coordinate distribution of materials
Web and Social Media
- Works in close collaboration with Marketing Manager and Web team to drive digital outreach
- Content briefs
- Schedules emails, homepage promotion, product launches, site updates, promotions, etc.
- Builds formula and track success
- Works with Marketing manager to plan and execute online content management
- Manages product and lifestyle photoshoots and video. Duties include scripting, directing, acting and actor management, vendor management, and content upload for team access
- Responsible for BOX organization, naming, seasonal updates/deadlines
Public Relations and Ambassador Support
- Evaluates and executes all requests for product submissions, donations, ambassador sponsorships and athlete proposals; coordinate delivery of product to selected parties
- Maintains written and verbal communication with sponsorship prospects in a timely manner
Tradeshow & Event Coordination
- Manages and executes any tradeshow and event marketing initiatives
- Adheres to established budgetary standards, yet finds creative ways to save money and drive strategic initiatives
- Coordinates schedules where appropriate
- Supports the eCommerce platform by facilitating creation and delivery of all necessary content and collateral to support our website and marketplace properties
- Supports the Pro Purchase Program, in coordination with our eCommerce team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 3+ years of marketing or related experience in the consumer product industry
- Experience editing print collateral while displaying solid creative judgment
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Ability and desire to work for team-driven organization in a diverse environment
- Previous print-buying experience is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to multitask effortlessly
- Works well under pressure managing multiple deadlines
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and Power Point); alternate skills (Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign) are a plus
- Must be team, customer, and brand-focused, responsive in all ways, and has a high level of energy and passion for Sierra Designs’ product and positioning
- Demonstrated drive and confidence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
We offer excellent benefits, great company discounts and fun people (and pups) to work with! Apply today, you could be our next Sierra Designs & Camping Marketing Coordinator!