Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using micro-transactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core. Recently, we were recognized as Best for the World, in the top 5% of all B-Corps in the world for the category of Workers. It means we were recognized for our culture and our commitment to creating a people-centric value system.
The Marketing Events Manager will be a part of the Marketing & Communications team that works out of HQ in Denver, Colorado. The MarCom team is modeled after a highly adaptable digital agency – we are building an in-house full marketing stack team. The team is currently a CMO, a Director of Marketing, and a Content/Project Manager. We are adding five additional people to the team in 2022 and are doubling our paid media budget. This is an opportunity to help develop the team and our products in collaboration with highly skilled scientists, engineers, and marketers.
The role is a mix of brand strategy, product marketing, communications, education, and full-on in-person and virtual events at a pace of ~ 5/month. An ideal candidate will have empathy for our customers, a service mentality, be personable, and have a deep understanding of our products, competitors, and customers. Understanding how to maximize trade shows, industry events, and other opportunities to support Business Development and Sales goals is critical. The best candidate will be someone who has experience and is ready to grow. Someone who has an opinion yet is always ready to learn. This person will understand B2B marketing and account-based marketing strategies, and the critical component events play in our overall GTM approach. Our events are both virtual and in-person and our team is a high-performance marketing organization. We use speed as a weapon and hold the #1 position in our industry. We’re growing fast and looking for a highly talented and driven events manager to drive stellar execution of events that help deliver new customers and influencers.
- Lead the planning and coordination for all live and virtual event logistics and execution, including for Canary-hosted and third-party events, and for both virtual and in-person conferences–from content to delivery to assessment and follow-up.
- Monitor industry trends, competitors, and audience behaviors to recommend appropriate event mediums and approaches to exceed business goals
- Work with Business Development to ensure event strategy aligns with business goals and that events are optimized for lead generation opportunities
- Concept, develop, design, and support the successful implementation of engagement tactics, event promotion, content, and marketing strategies for digital, in-person, and hybrid events–including on-the-ground support for top-tier events.
- Source speakers, manage relationships with vendors, and prepare ROI evaluations of events and conferences
- Manage the events calendar and work with internal stakeholders and prepare them for upcoming events and send out communications and co-promote events via social and other channels
- Collaborate across teams to create event deliverables such as promotional ads, signage, landing pages, swag, custom gifts, and other collateral
- Travel on-site to run day-of-show logistics for 4-5 in-person conferences per quarter
- Conduct pre-event briefs, post-event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
- Have a good pulse of the target audience and drive high-quality audience engagement at events
- Deliver business intelligence after-event reports for BD, Sales, and CS
- 5 years’ event management experience
- Experience driving events at scale – at least 5 events per month
- Trade Show experience including logistics, event services, budgets, demos, giveaways, program timelines, and print materials needed pre-and post-event
- Corporate event planning experiences, such as user conferences, webinars, boardroom discussions, roundtables, and virtual summits
- Strategic thinker and solutions-oriented mindset, able to get insights, develop a vision, and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Must thrive in a hyper-growth, dynamic environment
- Fantastic ability to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness and agility; demonstrated ability to pivot and innovate
- Can-do attitude with the ability to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively with peers and cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on virtual and physical events in a data technology company
- Experience organizing global conferences and events
- Familiar with tools like Salesforce, and marketing intelligence tools
- Advanced use of LinkedIn for Sales and Events
- Video skills
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $55,000 – $75,000 annual base
- Stock options
- World recognized work culture – ranked in top 5% of all B-Corps
- Flexible work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.