Position Available: Marketing Manager
Job Announcement Date: November 2022
First things first: do you love to ski or snowboard? Are you excited to share Colorado’s official winter sports with the world? Do you love the challenge and strategy of digital marketing? Are you the kind of person who thrives on teamwork and collaboration? Do you have a track record as someone who meets challenges head-on and solves problems with good cheer? Someone who can be counted on to dig in with grit and grace? If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Did we mention this position comes with two Gold Passes good for unlimited skiing and riding at any Colorado Ski Country USA member resort?
We’re Colorado Ski Country USA and we’re in the fun business. Colorado Ski Country USA (CSCUSA) is the Denver-based not-for-profit trade association representing 21 ski and snowboard areas across Colorado. CSCUSA’s areas of focus include skier/rider growth programs, communications and public policy.
Back to the fun part. CSCUSA has an exciting role open for just the right person, and we’re hoping it’s you. We’re looking for a marketing manager, but not just any marketing manager. We need someone who’s going to work across all aspects of CSCUSA’s business. You’re going to collaborate with team members to aggregate, create, edit and post content across the organization’s digital platforms.
The right person has to bring the skills starting with fluency and adeptness with WordPress. You’ll work with digital agency partners and oversee web development and content—the CSCUSA website will be your baby. You’ll design marketing collateral for digital and print and you’ll head up the bulk of CSCUSA’s outreach through email newsletters and other communications. You’ve got to be a strong, experienced writer, a savvy digital operator and have a problem-seeking perspective.
Problem-seeking, you say? Yep-you’re the kind of person who knows how to spot trouble before it happens, thinks creatively to analyze the options, seeks consensus from your stakeholders, and always has a solution in your back pocket. Or three.
You’ll be joining a small but mighty team that gets it done. We don’t mess around. The phrase work hard play hard means something a little different here. We know skiers and riders across Colorado get to play hard because everyone at each of CSCUSA’s member resorts works hard. Every. Single. Day. We’re here at CSCUSA to support their work. Celebrate it. Make sure the whole world knows that Colorado Ski Country USA has the best skiing and riding experience in the entire world. Are you ready to sink your marketing cops into this challenge?
Let’s go. Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and update CSCUSA’s new website in collaboration with other CSCUSA team members, resort needs and brand guidelines.
- Create, edit and optimize content for website, email newsletters and more.
- Audit web pages regularly for accuracy, freshness, recommended content additions, etc.
- Create and maintain editorial calendars for content distribution.
- Develop and distribute email campaigns; manage subscriber database and email process.
- Design content for web and print collateral. (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Plan and execute paid media efforts for website and social content.
- Assist with recruitment and training of digital agency partners, developers and others as needed.
- Collaborate with agency partners on interactive projects, including web development, SEO, SEM, and Ads campaigns.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with CSCUSA member ski area marketing contacts and key CSCUSA partners.
- Manage partner content on website, emails and social media and maintain up-to-date partner records.
- Coordinate delivery of daily eSnow report; oversee snow reports for accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with ski area snow reporters to ensure snow report information is correct and timely.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise with snow report, weather reporting, etc.
- Develop and monitor marketing budget and plan and create business development reports in collaboration with CSCUSA team members.
- Track marketing and website analytics and statistics and provide written reports to CEO, Board and partners.
- Manage event registration platforms for CSCUSA meetings and events and undertake various support responsibilities relating to CSCUSA meetings and events.
- Monitor budgets in conjunction with Program Manager and Public Affairs and Partnerships Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree combined with relevant experience in marketing, communications, or similar field.
- 3-5 years full-time work experience in marketing including previous experience working with an interactive or marketing agency.
- Excellent content creating, writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CRM and CMS software.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with WordPress.
- Working knowledge of the Google Marketing Suite (Analytics, Tag Manager, Ads, AdManager).
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) for basic graphic design and photo editing projects.
- Experience with Apple iOS and Microsoft Office.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Motivated self-starter and enthusiastic team player.
- Committed to treating all colleagues, partners, stakeholders and customers with respect, fairness and decency.
- Ability to travel within Colorado on a limited basis.
- Active skier or snowboarder.
Salary range: This is a full-time position based in CSCUSA’s offices in Denver, CO and has a salary range of $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience. This is NOT a work-from-home position. Job responsibilities require occasional weekend troubleshooting. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of the likely hiring range for the position.
Current Additional Benefits:
- Use of 2 Gold Passes, which allow unlimited skiing and riding at CSCUSA member resorts.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Employee contribution required.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401K retirement program with employer match.
How to Apply:
CSCUSA welcomes all qualified applicants to submit their resume, cover letter describing your interest in the position and a writing sample. If you’re close but-not-quite able to meet all the job requirements, give it a go and make it clear how your skills and background will make you successful in the position. This is not an opportunity that’s going to fall in your lap by changing a word or two on your template cover letter and resume and pressing send—put your best foot forward. Spelling, grammar and creativity count.
Resumes, cover letters and writing samples will be accepted via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org until December 1, 2022 or until the position is filled. Candidates selected by CSCUSA for an interview will be contacted by email. Submission of a resume will not necessarily result in an interview.
Application deadline: December 1, 2022