Sky Ridge Medical Center is a full-service, destination hospital with a reputation for clinical excellence and world-class service. We offer compassionate care through our patient-centered programs, which include everything from our adult and pediatric ERs and comprehensive Cancer Center to a focus on pregnancy and childbirth in our Birth Place as well as specialized care in our Spine and Total Joint Center and Women’s Hospital. We strive to go beyond your expectations in service to you and your family.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for implementing the public affairs and marketing programs aligned with the strategic objectives identified by the Sky Ridge Medical Center Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Public Affairs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Planning and writing the monthly employee communication focusing on strategic messaging and ensuring the integrity of the brand.
• Building on website content to make the site relevant, inviting and informative to the consumer as well as increase SEO and monthly reporting.
• Expand the hospital’s social media efforts and determine new avenues to reach consumers.
• Seek opportunities to expand the hospital’s reputation through strategic public relations initiatives and story placements.
• Work with Director to plan, implement and track strategic marketing plans that focus on building volume in specific service lines.
• Assist with the writing and design of all marketing materials, including patient education pieces, marketing brochures, flyers, etc.
• Serve as the back-up media representative and assist with all aspects of crisis communication and emergency preparedness.
• Assist with community and physician electronic newsletters.
• Help manage events and outreach efforts.
Undergraduate degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or related field required.
A minimum of two years’ experience in public relations, marketing or related field (or equivalent experience).
High degree of organization and ability to coordinate multiple priorities, deadlines and projects, with minimal supervision. Cooperative attitude and flexibility to changing priorities is a must. In addition must have excellent written and oral communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft office and graphic design programs. Communications skills, including media relations experience, newsletter development, website content management preferred.