WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
Love digging into marketing reports? Are you a budget guru? Dream about making the perfect excel flowchart or tracking system? Come work with the Winter Park Resort Marketing Team as a marketing specialist!
Candidates must have proven track record of success in the following areas:
- Coordination and/or administrative experience with support provided to multiple managers and exceptional organizational skills
- Agency account management or media coordination a plus
- Must be proficient on all Microsoft office applications, with an emphasis on excel
- Be able to interpret & analyze data
- Must possess excellent grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Candidate must be highly organized with excellent communication skills.
- General knowledge of hospitality/ski/resort is a definite asset. We are looking for a professional individual who is creative, energetic and motivated.
- Facilitate clear, concise, and effective communication throughout the Marketing Division
- Gather up-to-date information and write product marketing briefs and summaries for campaigns and products
- Create and analyze post-mortem reports for campaigns and initiatives to provide recommendations based on business results
- Create and manage marketing and promotional calendar and timelines. Oversight of creation and distribution of marketing materials within the organization and community.
- Responsible for communicating deadlines and timing changes to the marketing team, internal departments, and 3+ external agencies, and the Denver office.
- Assist in development of specific product promotion plans, as assigned
- Prepare and review monthly expense reports, reconcile accounts payable, and process departmental purchases, check requests, and other documents
- Prepare monthly forecast and variance budget documents and attend accompanying meetings to assist in presenting Sales and Marketing budget details
- Analyze Marketing reports (guest financial, employee, project status, etc) and follow-ups
- Ensure consistent marketing messages across multiple consumer touch points.
- Coordinates daily organizational matters including: schedules, email appointments, order supplies, and data entry
- Research and distribute correspondence, presentations, and documents
- Responsible for distributing and tracking of marketing collateral to internal departments
- Provide occasional administrative support to the Director and Managers of Marketing
- Schedule and organize key media, agency and marketing meetings, agendas, and minutes to attendees
- Pay vendors and track payments to ensure they are paid and processed on time.
- Research and assemble documents for presentations
- Maintain master planning calendars
- Proofread written content and print projects
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related field.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or related field required, featuring budget management, analytic reporting, and media coordination
- Experience in agency account management or media coordination or similar role on marketing team, a plus
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Self-starter with high energy and desire to have a positive impact on the business and brand
- Commitment to guest and employee satisfaction
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record desirable
This position does not require regular travel; however, from time to time, travel to industry events and other locations may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.