Overview: Now in its ninth festival year, Colorado State University’s ACT Human Rights Film Festival is seeking a part-time, contract Marketing Specialist to oversee communications and public relations for a successful 2024 festival. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the festival leadership to uplift ACT’s community profile and increase festival attendance and earned revenue. The 9th ACT Human Rights Film Festival will take place from April 3-7, 2024 in Fort Collins, Colorado.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional digital media management and written communication skills.
- Proven experience overseeing multiple channels and platforms to highlight accurate event information and compelling messaging/images.
- Professional, comprehensive experience overseeing marketing and communication for arts or film organizations.
- Highly organized, attentive to details, excellent proofreading abilities.
- Passion for creating accessible and inclusive communication.
- Comfort working independently and on teams.
- A track record of engagement with, and strong understanding of, the film industry.
- Fluency in using Canva, WordPress and Eventive.
- Comfort adapting graphics for multiple digital and print uses.
- Familiarity with Northern Colorado’s media market and paid advertising opportunities.
- Working closely with festival leadership, Marketing Specialist duties include:
- Develop effective marketing messaging for ACT to be deployed across print, radio, and digital media platforms.
- Adapt the festival’s 2024 creative design graphics to be consistently used across multiple print and digital campaigns using Canva.
- Update and maintain festival website on Eventive.
- Create a festival press kit and manage all publicity assets for each film.
- Liaise with press and other media to ensure accurate festival coverage and engaging event preview stories.
- Meet tight deadlines to create compelling and excellent marketing copy, social media graphics and captions, digital slides, press releases, and other marketing and PR collateral.
- Assist with fulfilling marketing-related sponsorship benefits and sponsor recognition throughout all festival marketing materials.
- Track and share marketing and advertising analytics and adjust efforts as needed.
- Execute consistent branding and messaging on all digital and print materials.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Position details and how to apply:
This position is fully remote. Contract timeline runs from November 15, 2023 – April 15, 2024.
The hours per week will vary based on festival needs. The peak work season will be February and March 2024 since the festival occurs April 3-7, 2024.
Marketing Specialist will be paid $60/hour, with a maximum cap of 160 hours. This is a part- time, temporary, independent contract position and therefore is not entitled to any employee benefits. CSU operates on net 30 payment terms- invoices will be paid 30 days after receipt of invoice and completion of deliverables.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional work samples – one showcasing written work and one visual/graphic work. Work samples should be no more than two pages total.
Email application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2023.