JOB SUMMARY: This position will assist the media relations department in publicity related to the Denver Broncos’ football communications efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist the media relations department with football public relations responsibilities by organizing and distributing morning executive news summaries for our organization as well as our opponent; recording and transcribing player and coach interviews in a manner consistent with Associated Press style; contributing statistical and written materials for the team’s 200+page weekly release (game recaps, statistical charts, feature clippings); binding and mailing weekly release to TV and radio broadcast crews; assisting with the credentialing process, including fulfilling staff and media requests on gameday at media will call; responding to fan mailings; providing website/publication content as needed; maintaining a professional work environment for members of the press in the media room; assisting with setup and breakdown of all press conferences; serving as a member of the gameday public relations staff; attending to the requests of out-of-town media visitors, including work station set-up and hotel drop-offs; monitoring local and national news coverage throughout the day, compiling news summaries and distributing among the staff when appropriate; executing player interviews as assigned; monitoring open locker-room media availability; assisting with weekly partnership media programming; coordinating logistics for network interview set-ups and production meetings; contributing to departmental editing processes, including weekly release, flip card and press releases; and traveling to away games as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a communications-related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a student working in a college sports information office or in a PR department of a sports organization
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible/long hours (early mornings, late evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Proficiency in the use of a PC, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing
- Experience transcribing quotes
- Knowledge of football statistics
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail and capacity to thrive in pressure situations
- Previous experience working with a football team is preferred but not required
How did you hear about this job?