- Serve as the primary point of contact between the media and the FAC.
- Develop and document a Media Relations and Outreach Plan to be integrated into the Strategic Marketing Plan for the FAC; including main program areas such as Museum, Theatre, Art School, as well as ancillary programs, such as special events, and select donor development initiatives, and membership acquisition initiatives.
- Develop, document, and monitor comprehensive, advance schedule of media relations, promotions, community outreach, and social media plans for FAC programming.
- Oversee daily, weekly, monthly tracking of the various elements of the Media Relations & Outreach plan to ensure all projects are on track, that all deadlines are met, and that all plans are implemented in a timely and quality fashion.
- Write and distribute news and press releases for FAC news, programming, and special events, collaborate with the Communications team on aligning messages and timing of news releases actively pursuing media who can provide broad positive exposure for the FAC; identify and create distribution lists on appropriate media for each topic; respond to media requests for interviews, data, photos and information, finding, editing and sending those elements.
- Work with FAC and college leadership on scheduling interviews and tours with the media and preparing talking points, researching background on programming (such as plays, artists, exhibitions, art history), and conducting advance media preparations, to include mock interviews when appropriate.
- When appropriate, serve as the FAC spokesperson for TV, radio, and print media; gather information and write talking points and/or informational summaries to provide to key administrators for timely responses to media inquiries; seek corrections or clarifications promptly when the FAC’s position is miscommunicated.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field plus a minimum of five years of related experience; demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and proofreading in style appropriate to the audience(s), working with journalists, strong verbal communication skills; developing comprehensive media relations and promotions plans, managing comprehensive and effective social media campaigns, content direction; highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to work closely with a creative team and other related internal teams; ability to develop effective relationships with members of the media, as well as vendors and customers; proficient at planning and negotiating complex media and public relations, promotional, and social media programs; proficient in appropriate tools and software to accomplish comprehensive planning and project management (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, database systems, CRM systems); proficient in all relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); ability to think critically and solve problems; good judgment and ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion; excellent customer service skills; must be willing to work extended hours and be available evenings and weekends as needed to serve as the on-the-record college spokesperson for TV, radio, and print media, and to gather information for responses and for others when appropriate for them to serve as the spokesperson.
Experience in arts and culture, knowledge of the regional media community.