The Motley Fool’s mission is “To make the world smarter, happier, and richer.” For more than 25 years, that has meant providing impartial and informed investment recommendations with a healthy dose of personal finance guidance on the side. Ever the insatiable Fools that we are, our coverage continues to expand as we seek to empower everyone with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to attain financial freedom.
Does our name sound familiar? Probably. We’ve been spreading the word to millions of readers each month by publishing hundreds of articles each week at our award-winning Fool.com site. You know us as your one-stop shop for analyzing the latest earnings reports and finding your portfolio’s next home run stock.
But you may not know that The Motley Fool has launched two new brands to deliver that same high caliber, credible content in areas where misinformation runs rampant and the Fool voice can make a difference. In addition to helping you become an all-star stock market investor, we can also help you:
- Identify the top providers to find the right credit card, consolidate your student loan debt, and open your first brokerage account (The Ascent)
- Cut through the jargon and guide your first foray into commercial real estate investments (Millionacres)
These new Motley Fool brands take PR/Media Relations just as seriously as their Fool.com counterpart, so each team is seeking a qualified Media Relations Specialist to uphold that high bar and introduce their respective sites to millions of new readers.
You’ll be responsible for writing pitches and press releases, while pitching and securing media placements, and cultivating relationships with journalists. Not only will you be expected to learn which topics are most relevant to our target audience, but you will then use that knowledge to craft and pitch unique story ideas to local and national media. The Motley Fool is a well-established brand, and you are a key player in building these new brands into something equally as significant. Do you see the opportunity lying in front of us? Are you ready to get started?
- Pitch and secure media placements in local and national media, trade publications, and blogs.
- Write pitches and press releases about our latest research, awards, reviews, tools, and more.
- Build and nurture relationships with industry writers/editors, bloggers, associations, and thought leaders.
- Coordinate interview arrangements and other media opportunities with our subject matter experts.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Collaborate with various disciplines (research, editorial, social media, etc.) to implement PR/media relations strategies.
- Track, analyze, and optimize the effectiveness of our PR campaigns.
- 2+ years of experience in PR and Media Relations (SEO experience also a plus!)
- Passionate about PR/Media Relations and proactive in staying up-to-date on the latest industry news and trends.
- Proven track record of pitching and securing high-quality PR results.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is willing and eager to adapt as the business does.
- Relentless pursuit of self-improvement.
- Previous personal finance or real estate investing experience/knowledge is a huge plus.
- Candidate must “get” Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with industry tools (We’re super users of Cision, Muck Rack, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush, etc)
Both positions are located in Lakewood, CO. Let’s talk about your experience and match your PR skillz to the right team.
Please include samples of PR placements you’ve earned at the bottom of your resume.