The individual selected for this position will:
- Establish partnerships with local affiliates of national media organizations placing a high emphasis on building and solidifying partnerships with news media.
- Ensure that partnership agreements with media outlets are monitored and nurtured and that the commitments are carried out and fulfilled by media partners. This includes addressing questions and concerns, resolving problems, and renegotiating partnerships as needed.
- Work independently and with teams to plan and implement communications outreach. Arrange editorial board meetings and participating in local and regional journalism conferences and conventions.
- Distributing video and audio new releases linked to key operations conducted over the course of the census (e.g., the communications campaign, recruitment, questionnaire delivery and mail-back, among others.)
- Coordinates all external media inquiries, requests and accesses to census events and develops creative ways to keep the public informed and updated on the locations and hours of operation of Census operations.
- Write and edit technical information about statistics and federal programs into clear, concise text for media, the public and/or internal audiences.
50% or less – Position requires occasional travel