American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing
TITLE: Member Services/Organizational Memberships Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Member Services Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt
SUPERVISES: No staff, may supervise interns/volunteers
Primary Purpose of Position
- Provide customer service support to members and non-members through mail, email, chat, and phone communications.
- Create a welcoming and supportive experience for members through all modes of communication and interactions.
- Administrative support for all functions and programs.
- Primary support for all member-related needs.
- Provide clerical, computer, and database support to the Member Services Manager and other staff as requested.
- Provide primary support for members associated with organizational membership accounts.
- Provide support for organizational membership management team including database troubleshooting, monthly reporting, and process improvement.
Decision-making: The decisions made are at a defined level and are based on procedures and processes already in place. This position may not alter procedures or processes of the program without consulting the program Manager and/or Vice President.
Complexity: The position requires basic problem-solving skills to accurately and efficiently carry out given tasks within specific guidelines. Tasks given are within established operations and are repetitive in nature. Extensive knowledge of the Association’s programs is necessary for this position and problem-solving is restricted to researching and answering questions based on established program policy.
Authority: This position is that of an individual contributor and may serve as a resource by advising others on how to use processes within the system or as a member of a problem-solving team.
Provide customer service support to the Association’s members and potential members to assist in the growth of individual and organizational membership.
% of time spent
Customer service tasks, including answering the phone, written communications, and other member correspondence
Administrative tasks related to member services and benefits offered
Support tasks related to organizational memberships
- Answer phone calls throughout the day and provide outstanding member and customer service.
- Reply to member and customer emails in a business professional manner.
- Assist in maintaining the database to ensure accurate, complete, and reliable information including maintain the integrity of membership and educational records, troubleshooting issues, and correcting data as needed.
- Update map on AANAC website.
- Run reports and workflows for RAC-CT engagement and organizational membership engagement emails.
- Assist with volunteer members.
- Enter membership applications, renewals, educational purchases, registrations, and other member purchases.
- Manage and process student membership applications and student outreach.
- Manage and process lifetime retirement membership applications and outreach.
- Assist with general AANAC/AADNS education related questions.
- Oversee maintenance of membership files and reports as requested.
- Monitor and respond to emails from several general email inboxes.
- Assist, as directed by the Member Services Manager, with tasks to support member benefits and engagement.
- Assist other team members as needed or requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
- Associate’s Degree with one to two years’ experience in a similar position preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills for both external and internal customers.
- Excellent business communication skills, including verbal and written messages.
- Must be friendly, patient, and dedicated to providing an excellent member experience.
- Must be able to make logical decisions and understand the impact of a positive customer service experience.
- Requires mid-level knowledge of Windows-based programs, especially Outlook and Word to write correspondence and merge documents, and Excel to create tables or other spreadsheets as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management.
- Good knowledge of basic office equipment including fax, copier, folding and postage machines.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently and make logical decisions.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Assigned days and times within a Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. work week.
- Occasional overtime or weekend work.
- General office working conditions.
This position description does not list all the duties of the job. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this position description. Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Position Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000/year
Regarding benefits, AAPACN pays 80% for an employee for the base medical plan and 80% of the dental plan as well, VSP (eye care) is 100% paid for by the employee. We are paid 26 times per year. After one year with us, you will be eligible to enroll in our 401(k) program. AAPACN’s employer match is 5%.
AFLAC provides us with a large array of benefits such as short-term disability, term life insurance, cancer care, critical care and recovery to name a few. We offer LegalShield and IDShield coverages. These benefits would be paid for at the employee's expense.
We also provide a mortgage program to make home ownership easier and more affordable. American Liberty Mortgage partners with our employees to assist them and their dependents and family members with a new home purchase, refinance, or sale of an existing home. (Waiting on new flyer update for 2/4/19 meeting at this time.)
We also provide holiday pay for the following holidays each year:
New Year’s Day Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Memorial Day Independence Day
Labor Day Veterans Day
Thanksgiving Day Closed week of Christmas
Employees have one Floating Holiday per year to use at their discretion.
We also get to wear jeans to work every day.
After one year of employment, full-time employees are eligible to work from home for two days each week, based on department needs.
After 60 days of employment, you will begin to accrue PTO hours on a per-pay period basis, as follows:
1-2 years 6.15 hours per pay period 20 days per year
3-4 years 6.77 hours per pay period 22.0025 days per year
5-8 years 7.69 hours per pay period 25 days per year
9+ years 9.23 hours per pay period 30 days per year