Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for producing, directing, shooting and editing local content
- Identifies, researches and pitches local content story ideas
- Recruits, trains and manages student interns
- Serves as primary point of contact for technical and engineering issues in Grand Junction
- When assigned, assists with statewide productions like Colorado Experience, pledge tapings and special programs through remote shoots, producing, editing and uplinks, etc.
- Maintains local field equipment
- Digital File Management and Transfers, including to PBS video player
- When requested, produces underwriting spots for Western Colorado, including promos and third-party productions
- When requested, attends meetings with Engagement Team Members including Local Advisory Committee meetings, Major Donor meetings, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in broadcast communications, television production or related field (i.e. journalism, mass communications)
- Strong technical abilities (ADOBE Creative Suite, Audio/Video equipment, etc.), including editing with Premiere Pro CC, and shooting field equipment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in all areas of video production
- Strong storytelling abilities
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR insurable for driving station vehicles.
- Office environment, offsite production required.
- $25.00 – $33.65 per hour depending on experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at www.rmpbs.org/jobs. Please submit the following items:
A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPBS and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening. 2. A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience. 3. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
Position will be posted at www.rmpbs.org/jobs until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.