Colorado Hospital Association Broadband Services (CHABS) serves as a designated federal consortium to administer broadband technology subsidies for Colorado. CHABS is a department of the Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) and serves non-profit member hospitals and health systems, mental health centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers, safety net clinics and other health care providers to achieve organizational goals for broadband capacity, business continuity, network management and service level agreements. CHABS also provides federal and state advocacy for expanding broadband in remote areas to enable the implementation of telehealth and improve the overall health and health care of communities.
The Operations Manager is a key role in maintaining CHABS operations. The candidate oversees and manages billing, invoicing and accounts receivable for CHABS and serves as liaison for CHABS to member organizations on operational matters (billing, invoicing, program applications, funding, etc.). This candidate may work with other CHA departments by contributing to communications being sent to other departments internally and externally to CHABS and/or CHA members. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess strong problem-solving skills, technical aptitude, financial acumen, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage client database, analyze process workflows and implement changes, conduct audits and recommend best practices to address data errors
- Ensure data in client data base is regularly updated and is current
- Ensure proper, timely and accurate invoice processing reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in payments or invoiced amounts, and all deadlines are met in accordance with billing dates
- Manage, track and resolve disputes with telecommunication carriers on behalf of CHABS members and provide proactive, timely filing of Universal Service Administration Company (USAC) forms for carrier payment
- Report to and involve director in any operational matters requiring oversight
- Oversee billing account escalations, member communications and account status updates by coordinating resolution between USAC, CHABS members, CHABS Director and, telecommunication carriers
- Assist broadband program administrator with extensive USAC administrative filing process
- Maintain entire USAC administrative process documentation guide and ensure it is kept up to date
- Liaison with CHA communications team as needed for marketing collateral
- Maintain and distribute member communication material; Forum, MailChimp, etc.
- Oversee and manage federal subsidy revenue process and administer monthly revenue statements
- Provide periodic reports as requested by chief financial officer
- Generate USAC annual report
- Manage USAC information requests
- As assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Bachelor’s degree in business or three to five (3-5) years of experience in health care operations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Process improvement experience
- Demonstrated experience with bookkeeping reconciliations
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving techniques
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of telecommunications carriers billing, contracts, tariffs, services and fee structures
- Understanding of network, usage and data structures
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Change management experience (both people and technical preferred)
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personable positive attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations discreetly and professionally
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and to complete tasks on time
- Basic reading, writing, and strong arithmetic skills required
- Professional telephone and email etiquette, professional appearance and demeanor, able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be needed.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Cell phone
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Software applications including QuickBooks for not-for-profit organizations
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail
- Copy machine
Hiring salary range: $55,000 – $65,000 annually, benefits eligible
The hiring salary range represents an estimated starting salary. The actual salary may be more or less depending on the selected individual’s related experience, education, and/or skill level and does not represent the position’s full salary range.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
At CHA, we strive for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where employees can feel valued as their authentic selves. We do this by offering and prioritizing:
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Open and honest discussions about the company and its culture
- An environment where each and every person can make an impact
- Competitive salaries with outstanding employee benefits including 99% employer paid medical coverage, exceptional HSA and 401(k) contributions, paid time off and much more
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make employment decisions based on the merit and qualifications of those who apply. CHA is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We will make every effort to find a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant that chooses to disclose a physical or mental limitation/disability. If you believe you require accommodation for any stage of the hiring process, please let us know by calling 720-489-1630.
Currently our employees are able to chose between remote or in person office work (with enhanced safety protocols). As COVID conditions improve, we will gradually transition back to a hybrid environment with a mix of in office and remote flexibility. Our office is conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center just off I-25 and Orchard, a 5-minute walk from the Orchard light rail station.