Looking to make a real difference?
You belong right here.
Come build a rewarding career helping others achieve their financial dream at an organization that values your own long-term success. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community and you.
If you share that belief, this is where you belong.
Join our team of nearly 6,000 associates across 40 different locations worldwide and start your future today.
The Internship Experience
- This opportunity is located in our Overland Park, KS or Denver, CO office (must be residing in the geographic area for the duration of the internship)
- The internship begins Tuesday, May 26th and concludes Friday, August 8th (10 weeks)
- You will be working on improving the groups process documentation through shadowing, interviewing and assessing/implementing potential solutions to improve work efficiency
- You will have the opportunity to meet with and present to the Communications Management Team throughout the internship
- The internship will culminate with a final presentation/update to the Communications Management Team
- You will be exposed to a variety of departments, but will have an emphasis in Participant Communications
- During the internship, you will be paired with a manager and a mentor
What You Bring to the Role (required)
- Must have completed 60 credit hours or entering your Junior year
- Pursuing a degree in any field of business, communications, graphic design, and/or journalism
- Excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of grammar and proofing necessary
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint and aptitude to quickly learn other systems/software
- Analytical – can systematically gather relevant information, interpret various types of data, and applies logic to solving problems and making decisions with fast turnaround times
- Adaptable to a fluid work environment and spikes in workload
- Strong partnership skills with an ability to work collaboratively within a team and develop solid working partnerships with peers and colleagues
- Project management and organizational skills required with attention to detail and accuracy
- Follows process and procedure and makes recommendations on improvements to close gaps, shorten turn times, or improve outcomes
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Self-directed and comfortable working independently or within a group
- Proactively asks questions and seeks help in order to successfully achieves goals and objectives while in an autonomous environment
- Approaches work with a sense of curiosity
- Works with a customer service mindset and is comfortable providing input to achieve Goals