Like creative projects with a challenge? Take a look at what we produce and build. If so, we have the right job for you in beautiful Colorado. We currently have a Project Manager position open on our facility-based Denver production team. Industry experience strongly suggested. This individual will oversee all assigned projects, assume responsibility for accurate timely production & deadline completion while maintaining margin. Responsibilities; estimating; utilizing internal communications platforms; participation in kickoff meetings; scheduling and coordination of sub-contractors as well as internal departments involved on existing & new production, CAD, purchasing, graphics and warehouse. Project Managers are also responsible for change order tracking & reporting and overall project profitability tracking of assigned projects. Flexible schedule.
The individual in this position will schedule and oversee all assigned new production projects. He/she will also assume responsibility for successful and accurate production completion and profitability. Responsibilities include , but are not limited to: estimating; writing of production COMS orders; participation in kickoff meetings; production scheduling; management and coordination of subcontractors; management of internal departments involving new production – CAD, Purchasing, Graphics, Production and Warehouse. Project Managers are also responsible for change order tracking, reporting of change orders to the internal team, and overall project profitability tracking on assigned production jobs.
Some travel is required and will be evaluated in regard to specific production projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite, along with appropriate computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, COMS, Business Portal). This position is technical in nature and requires knowledge of industry fabrication methods, carpentry, metal work, paint production , tension fabric, graphic production and other techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist Account Director (AD) and/or Account Manager (AM) in driving new construction pricing.
- Understand—and take ownership of—the budgets of all assigned projects.
- Enter all production work being run through the Czarnowski system based on the COMS work order "AS SOLD" as submitted by account team.
- Czarnowski's web based workflow system.
- Assist in project launch meetings, in conjunction with the AD and AM, to streamline the project’s progress through production.
- Create and manage overall Project Timelines and specific department timelines as needed for production.
- Provide key production dates to client services and assist with building overall timelines.
- Manage and approve CAD drawings, ensure accuracy of drawing format and design.
- Manage the production process and items being fabricated through the shop lead and production manager.
- Assist the logistics coordinator in managing overall warehouse inventory, and coordinate transportation requirements.
- Report all quality control concerns to the appropriate department managers.
This position will be evaluated against this job description with an emphasis on overall production knowledge and successful project completion. The individual in this position will also be measured on their ability to manage the production timeline, including coordination of CAD, fabrication and warehouse activities. They will also be assessed on their ability to communicate effectively with account teams and on the overall profitability of their assigned projects.