DAF Mission & History
The Denver Architecture Foundation inspires people to explore our dynamic city, experience the importance of design to our quality of life and envision an exceptional future for Denver.
Since formation in 1990 with the intent to increase public awareness, understanding and involvement in Denver’s built environment, DAF has remained steadfast to its philosophy of “architecture for all.” Now in our third decade of operations and programming, DAF continues to champion the deep-rooted connections between architecture, education and community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program + Membership Coordinator is responsible for supporting numerous DAF programs and overseeing membership. Programs include Doors Open Denver, periodic Hard Hat Tours, monthly Walking Tours, periodic Special Events, DAF’s Lecture Series, Audio Tours, Box City and other adult and youth education programs. The Program + Membership Coordinator provides exceptional logistical organization, superior customer service and is a team player.
Seeking someone with previous nonprofit, cultural sector experience. Previous program coordination experience highly desired. Positive attitude, attention to detail, strong work ethic and desire to learn and grow are key! Exciting opportunity for the right person!
- Program logistics and data coordination, including liaising with cultural partners, contractors, members and others to help deliver effective and efficient programs.
- Membership oversight, including helping to define strategy and plan for recruitment of new members and retention of current members. Tasks include data entry/tracking, regular communications with members, membership drives, monthly renewal reminders, on-site promotion, verification of membership for members only programming, etc.
- Community outreach and relationship cultivation, including gathering input to improve programs.
- Provide oversight of volunteer recruitment efforts and volunteers in partnership with Program + Communications Manager.
- Operate within approved program budgets.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details, data, information and activities.
- Support evaluation of programs and membership activities.
- Support reporting efforts related to program evaluation findings.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Program + Communications Manager as needed.
- Staff events and programs.
- Attendance and notetaking at meetings as assigned.
- Regularly mail letters, guidebooks, etc. Pick up DAF PO Box mail weekly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Must have the ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor's degree required, and minimum 4 years work experience.
- Personal qualities of integrity and a passion for DAF’s mission.
- Team player and positive, professional attitude.
- Proficiency in the use of: word processing; spreadsheets; simple accounting; databases; email; Internet; social media; cloud-based file sharing; website content management systems; email marketing services; online ticketing systems; online surveying tools; and mobile technology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse audiences, including DAF board members, members, volunteers, community partners and donors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Efficient and detail-oriented.
- Previous program coordination experience preferred.
- Previous nonprofit, cultural sector experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time, exempt. Compensation is $40,000/yr. Benefits include health/dental/vision, monthly phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, 15 days paid time off and 7 holidays.
DAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in people and ideas. Apply by July 31, 2021. Submit cover letter, résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.