REPORTS TO: Development Director
ENTITY: The Archdiocese of Denver serves the Catholic Community of Northern Colorado and its various parishes, ministries and schools.
The Archdiocese of Denver (AOD) is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to lead the donor research and prospect management activities of the Archdiocesan development team. This extremely important role will empower the Archdiocese to better understand and interact with its major donor population in a data-driven and strategic manner.
The impact of this role is far reaching and essential to the expansive services our Archdiocese provides. The Manager will play a critical role in matching prospects and donors with their passions: helping people in desperate need, making quality Catholic education available to families, preparing our future priests and deacons, caring for retired priests and serving our Hispanic immigrant population. This is just a sample of the many ministries that the Prospect Research and Donor Database Manager will help support.
The Manager will analyze and interpret financial data and assets, biographical and personal information, and professional and business information. By evaluating donors past areas of interest, philanthropic support, and professional affiliations, the Prospect Research and Donor Database Manager will develop profile reports and briefings. The Manager will be primarily responsible for identifying and researching various donors within the Archdiocese capable of making major gifts to support various ministries and initiatives. The Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the Archdiocese’s prospect management system within the donor database and for assisting Major Gift Officers with qualifying and preparing information for gift solicitations. The Manager will also be the focal point for teaching gift officers and staff how to effectively use The Raiser’s Edge® database to strategically manage and advance archdiocesan donors.
The AOD operates on a consolidated development model where development for various diocesan ministries and initiatives are all conducted in a coordinated fashion through the Office of Development.
- Identifies prospective donors and manages overall prospect/donor research platform.
- Provides wealth screening and background research on existing and prospective donors.
- Monitors movement of prospects and donors through development pipeline.
- Provides donor and foundation research to ensure current biographical and historical information is compiled and delivered to department leadership.
- Assists and trains gift officers regarding donor database functionality to ensure quality activity recording and donor management.
- Coordinates prospect management system to ensure activities are current and properly coded.
- Prepares strategic reports and activity summaries for the Chief Development Officer and
Director of Development including new activity and prospect/donor contact reports.
- Oversees vendor relationships for research.
- Works with Director of Development Database and Technology Systems to identify additional software to support development research as applicable.
- Independently identifies potential high-level donors, conducts proactive research and donor capacity/inclination analysis related to moves management processes and protocols.
- Compiles and writes accurate, confidential, detailed reports on donors and prospects.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required.
- Aligns prospect management and donor research work with overall development strategies and tactics.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years preferred work experience in development research and systems
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty and demonstrate each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in research and development services with proven experience in prospect management, preferably in a higher education, religious or hospital environment.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, synthesize and identify trends in data using data warehousing and mining tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills.
- Skill in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, wealth screening software as well as presentation software and relational databases.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated searches in electronic and print resources.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills, highly results oriented.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, task and deadlines.
- Ability to develop and implement short and long-term goals and plans.
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Use independent judgement and to perform tasks on own initiative.
- Proven success working with high level administrators and staff.
- Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
- The ability to respect confidences when dealing with sensitive issues;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- This position will involve periods of administrative work in an office environment.
- Use of sensory activities, such as talking, seeing, and hearing, will be required frequently.
Position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires ability to sit for extended periods, and frequent pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping, reaching over head, reaching away from body, and repetitive motions.
- On occasion work may involve deadlines or extended hours that can result in brief periods of mental and/or emotional stress.
- Position requires travel to various locations within the Archdiocese of Denver.
- Position requires ability to frequently lift/move objects of up to 10 pounds in weight, and occasionally lift/move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
Job Type: Full-time