For over 50 years, we’ve been serving creative, high-quality burgers and brews in an environment that encourages families and people of all ages to make memories and be themselves. Having fun is in our DNA, and we’re passionate about creating genuine connections and caring for people around our common table.
At Red Robin, public relations, earned media and community-building are core drivers of our marketing efforts. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic storyteller and media strategist to manage brand building and news-making initiatives that drive brand awareness, trial and sales on the national and local level as well as support effective internal communications to key stakeholders, including Restaurant Support Center (RSC) and Field Team Members, Franchisees and others.
Ideally based in Denver, our Public Relations Manager will play a key, collaborative role within our marketing team, working closely with our VP of Communications & Field Marketing to develop and implement strategic, creative publicity plans that build Red Robin’s brand visibility and drive awareness in earned media; serve as a publicist for Red Robin initiatives; coordinate outreach programs at the national and local level; and develop and refine PR tools and best practices to generate news coverage and monitor results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop editorial outreach calendars and identify proactive media and storytelling opportunities that align with Red Robin’s PR goals, across relevant national, regional and local consumer, business, and trade outlets.
- Craft strategic external messaging plans and story concepts, pitches, media releases and other forms of messaging to support seasonal promotions, menu news, new restaurant openings, new market entries, business initiatives and other announcements.
- Manage and respond to media inquiries; work with business partners to research company responses and collect quotes and assets for timely, effective response.
- Serve as a point of contact with PR agency partners and Red Robin Field Team to support national, regional and local PR initiatives, new restaurant openings and other developments as needed.
- Coordinate press interviews for management; provide briefing sheets, assets and follow-up on fact checking and other media needs to ensure that accurate information is communicated to the public.
- Partner with VP and Director of Field Marketing to craft national and local PR extensions that bring to life our philanthropic partnerships.
- Draft, pitch and place byline features in target publications.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, on time and on budget; manage internal PR tracker on current projects, deadlines and owners.
- Partner with Social Media Team to integrate media moments and appropriate PR coverage into owned channels; collaborate to identify and engage social media influencer opportunities, when appropriate.
- Assist VP and Crisis Team in media monitoring and preparing media & stakeholder responses, as appropriate.
- Track & analyze media coverage for effectiveness against strategic messaging pillars and PR goals; gather, archive and share ongoing media coverage highlights with key RSC and Field Team audiences.
- Coordinate and support PR events with planning, execution and on-site event management; occasional travel required.
- Maintain strong communications and relationships with Field Teams and internal departments and facilitate information flow.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of communications tools, channels and techniques; stay abreast of best practices and processes for efficient media team operations.
- Assist with PR budgeting and vendor invoice processing, as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 5-7 years of experience working in a public relations agency, in-house corporate/brand PR team or newsroom. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience preferred.
- Creative, proactive thinker with a solid grasp of industry and consumer/pop culture trends.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Written work samples required.
- Keen attention to detail, including strong proofreading, editing and grammar skills.
- Proven skill in developing and maintaining media relationships and identifying, pitching and securing media opportunities.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities and initiatives across internal & external stakeholders with minimal supervision; self-motivated and must bring a desire to learn, grow and be challenged.
- Ability to build, execute and analyze plans and programs for impact.
- Strong partnership mentality focused on problem solving and rolling up your sleeves to support restaurant operators. Occasional after-hours work required (ex. weekend events, crisis monitoring, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and PR tools (ex. media monitoring/measurement tools, wire services, etc.).
- Occasional travel required based on business needs.
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health, vision, dental, life insurance plans, and discounts
- 401(k) savings plan plus a company match with immediate vesting
- Eligible to participate in the employee stock purchase plan after 1 year of continuous employment
- Discounts on Red Robin food
Compensation Range: $83,100.00 – $114,300.00