Public Relations Senior Account Executive (B2B Tech) – Hybrid from Denver, CO.
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, creative services, and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing an inclusive, team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We work with people we like and can learn from, making our jobs a positive aspect of a balanced life. At Matter, we prioritize employee diversity, equity and inclusion and value everyone’s unique story. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We're looking for a creative and results-oriented Senior Account Executive to join our team!
Here's the mix of what you'll be doing day to day:
- Providing high-quality client counsel to clients on all aspects of PR and media relations programs, writes and implements quarterly plans and/or plans centered on key events and participates in developing key messages and client positioning
- Working closely with senior management to provide strategic direction and insight related to account activities
- Recommending and executing on media strategies that generate coverage; builds and nurtures strong relationships with media contacts
- Delivering high-quality writing in the of form pitches, press releases, bylines, case studies, blogs, etc.
- Demonstrating ownership to train and mentor junior team members and new hires
- Participating in new business activity, playing a significant role in providing research, media playbooks, creative ideas and competently presenting in new business meetings
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 5 years’ experience in public relations, along with a Bachelor's degree are required for this role.
- Previous agency experience is required, and B2B tech exposure is highly preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
Compensation: Salary range for this role is $65,000-$75,000 per year depending on experience.
Why Matter? A healthy culture requires healthy, happy people. That’s why Matter goes above and beyond to provide exceptional benefits, fun bonuses, and culture perks to our workforce. These include:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Comprehensive time-off plan (including holiday, PTO and sick time)
- Floating wellness day
- Floating holiday
- Birthdays off
- Freeze Fridays (clock off at 2:00pm every Friday)
- Annual paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s
- 401(k) plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee assistance plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time through our Helping Hands initiative
- Employee referral program (get a $$ bonus for each referral we hire)
- Matter Wellness program, featuring extracurricular activities and interoffice competitions
- Office exchange program
- Trainings and educational programs including a mentorship program for junior employees
- Exceptional company culture, monthly FUN events in all offices, and surprise rewards throughout the year
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.