- Bachelor's degree in a numerate field (Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Science, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an analytics, statistician or data scientist role.
- Experience with data analysis tools (R, SQL) and techniques (machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining).
- Master's degree or PhD.
- Programming experience in Python, C++ and/or Java.
- Experience with data analysis techniques (machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining).
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
About the job
gTech’s Strategy and Operations team (gSO) is made up of strategic partners and trusted advisors that drive success and transformative changes for gTech. We create value through deep functional and business expertise combined with analytical rigor to formulate and deliver strategies. Using core capabilities ― strategy, analytics, and communications ― we empower gTech to do amazing things to land the present, and build for the future.
Specializing in operational reporting, data insights and data analysis, the R&A (Reporting and Analytics) team leverages big datasets, analytical tools, and business partnering to help global advertising business organizations provide exceptional customer experience and drive smart business decisions.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of solution-oriented trusted advisors support millions of customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Analyze data on operations and develop insights and strategies for business organizations.
- Be a trusted partner for the business stakeholders understanding their business and strategy.
- Present regularly at an executive level and engage with stakeholders within the organization.
- Provide thought leadership on deep analytics, identifying issues and opportunities and proposing feasible solutions.