At Denver South we do not pretend to know the future but we encourage our colleagues to participate in creating it. We’re are currently searching for a individual to join our already dynamic team.
As background, Denver South Economic Development Partnership (Denver South) is the leading economic development entity for the south I-25 suburban corridor, one of the most potent economic regions in Colorado. Having recently celebrated our 30th year anniversary, we have led the economic development of the corridor with a heavy focus on job creation, transportation/mobility issues and public policy. We define economic development as “community capacity building through continuous improvement of the critical factors for success of our businesses”.
As the stewards of a fast-growing and evolving region, we focus our efforts on improving the critical factors that employers have identified as essential to their success. Our economic development activities cover a wide area including recruitment of new businesses, expansion, relocation support and retention of existing businesses. Recently we launched a retention effort that has been very successful. Focusing upon primary employers and working with local jurisdictional stakeholders, we are creating a strong value added program that provides multiple opportunities to increase the job market and encourage both the expansion of local businesses and the attraction of new facilities. Additional areas of focus include the attraction and retention of highly skilled workers, transportation improvements and quality of life factors including workforce housing.
Denver South takes a broad based approach to economic development including support for new and emerging businesses and technologies, the development and creation of new and cutting edge value-added services and technology focused tools. In addition, our focus upon digital health, Internet of Things (IOT) and smart cities technology applications is rapidly developing and are in various stages of being deployed in our communities.
Our most productive team members are creative and drive their own agendas. The candidate selected will be a self-starter and possess a sense of curiosity and commitment to both professional and self-development. Our management style is to present challenges and opportunities to team members and then encourage them to discover and create innovative solutions that provide value to the organization and our partners. Denver South possesses a creative, collaborative culture. The individual who succeeds here is eager each day to learn and create something new. Importantly, we are doers who advance the organizations and our partner’s goals.
The candidate selected will possess and demonstrate the following characteristics.
1. Self-Actualized (Aware of, Accepts, and Likes Self)
2. Dues-Payer (Must Prove Myself and Earn My Way)
3. Responsible Contributor (At-Work, On-Time, Engaged, Trustworthy)
4. Life-Long Learner
5. Team Player/Interdependent Worker
6. I-Own-It (Not Defensive/Accepts Responsibility)
7. Accomplished multi tasker.
8. Initiator and Opportunist (Seeks and Creates Job Fulfillment)
9. Collaborator and Supporter (Responsive and Reliable)
10. Diplomatic Problem-Solver
Starting duties will include:
- Office receptionist; answer phones, greet visitors, complete assigned administrative tasks.
- Management of the CEO and EVP calendars. This includes scheduling of numerous meetings and the preparation of materials for their meetings.
- Scheduling of team meetings in particular those with outside attendees.
- Assisting the CEO and EVP with office and file organization.
- Oversight of office organization including purchasing supplies.
- Scheduling work with vendors such as computer and phone vendors.
- Lead responsibility for organization event coordination including monthly meetings, and annual meetings, including research of speakers.
- Assisting with the set up and preparation for board meetings, partnership meetings and other assigned duties.
- Familiarity with common technology including computers, audio/visual preferred.
- Strong writing skills needed to assist CEO and EVP responding to inquiries via email and memos.
Competitive salary with full benefits