he Research Billing Specialist position at Mines is an opportunity for a professional to grow and expand their knowledge and skills in learning various Federal sponsor sites. This individual will be working in federal systems such as the Payment Management System (PMS), Fastlane, Bureau of the Fiscal Service Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP), Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE), and Vendor Invoicing Portal & Electronic Reporting System (VIPERS). Start or grow your career in sponsored research billing and collection today. Training is available. Flexible work arrangements are available within the State of Colorado; for our policy related to flexible work options, click here.
The position of Billing Specialist will be responsible for the billing management of sponsored research projects in the Office of Research Administration (“ORA”). This is a key member of the research team and serves as a resource to sponsors, faculty, and campus administrators.
Billing for sponsored research is complex and includes many different components which requires critical thinking skills in addition to a strong accounting background. The Billing Specialist will apply accounting theories and understand generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) in order to meet the job requirements and responsibilities.
Essential responsibilities include cash management, billing, accounts receivables, financial reporting, systems monitoring, and customer service. The position requires working independently, ability to research and resolve issues, strategically analyzing financial reports, and consistently review processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements.
The position will be responsible for handling a large amount of data, where attention to detail and timeliness is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or the equivalent in experience
- Working knowledge of accounts receivables, cash receipts, and account reconciliations
- Proficiency at reading and understanding terms and conditions in a legal document.
- Aptitude for understanding and using complex federal invoicing websites
- Proven ability to use spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, and enterprise financial systems
- Demonstrated customer service skills, the ability to work effectively with a wide range of sponsor representatives in a diversity of businesses to include federal and state, and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and deliver a quality, error free product. Analyzation and problem-solving skills including the ability to use independent judgment
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$57,000. Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
For the full description and to apply, visit: https://jobs.mines.edu/en-us/job/494950/research-billing-specialist