Malen Yantis Public Relations is a leading boutique pr firm specializing in travel and tourism with offices in Denver and Vail. We are hiring a Senior Account Executive to join our growing public relations team in our Vail Valley office. If you are outgoing, energetic, innovative, resourceful and love the mountain lifestyle, then this job is for you.
This position is responsible for managing and supporting MYPR client strategies and programs to further company objectives. The successful candidate must employ strategic communications tools through traditional and electronic platforms to effectively engage media and consumers.
Duties include managing daily operation of client programs, media relations and influencer programming, coordinating and hosting media visits, maintaining media lists and editorial calendars, developing and updating client reports, monitoring media coverage and industry research. Developing press releases, pitches and media outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account & Client Management
- Manage day-to-day client activities, including communication, research, planning, implementation and evaluation of public relations activities, and paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and client expectations
- Strategically address client needs
- Develop and implement creative & media worthy programs
- Create the strategy as an account lead on some accounts with support from leadership
- Develop press worthy programs and ideas for clients
- Provide clear and concise reporting of KPIs
- Work with the leadership team to respond to RFPs and pitch new business
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- 4-5 years of public relations experience in the hospitality, culinary, travel, tourism, restaurant and/or consumer lifestyle arenas
- Must have stellar client and media references
- Must have strong and proven relationships with local, regional and national media contacts
- Must have strong, effective and proven management skills
- Previous experience coordinating media tours, desk side tours and local broadcast activations
- Actively participates in the active/outdoor culture and has a native understanding of the influences and trends that drive the industry
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A deep understanding of the integrated marketing mix, with fluency across a variety of channels, including media relations, influencer programming, digital strategy, experiential activations, etc.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Foundational understanding of influencer engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated with a positive nature
- Proficient in AP Style
- Proficiency using CisionPoint, MS applications. Keynote or InDesign are a plus.
MYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.