Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
The SEO Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for a Senior Content Researcher, Web Editorial to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the keyword research that defines the direction for all of our content creation, going deep into individual categories to understand the best and most impactful articles we can create. You’ll be creating briefs for new content, as well as briefs to suggest improvements to previously published articles. You’ll be mapping content within our categories to ensure we have solid internal linking and category structure. You will work closely with writers (freelance and in-house) and Content Editors to ensure content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
As a Senior Content Researcher, you will also be responsible for owning and understanding each element of our keyword research, traffic forecasting, content mapping, blueprint creation, and brief creation processes. You’ll be a resource for your teammates, leading training for new team members and helping your colleagues work through their projects when they need guidance or a second opinion.
What you’ll do:
- Own monthly keyword research for assigned categories focused on increasing organic traffic goals
- Own the creation of content briefs to ensure deadlines are met and production goals stay on track
- Manage new content template research, providing feedback and ensuring all stakeholder input is implemented
- Review article performance and proactively suggest improvements with the help of writers and editors
- Perform relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- On-page optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- Merges and redirects
- CMS management
- Reporting on traffic, conversion, and revenue
- Lead training for content research processes
- Update and develop new best practices for all of our content research and SEO processes as needed
- Manage freelance researchers, assigning content briefs and giving feedback as needed
- Manage up to three content researchers, partnering with them on personal development, work feedback and review, and performance management
Who you are:
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You enjoy juggling multiple projects and have an eye for subtle differences in closely related topics.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done and can identify ways to optimize your workflow to meet deadlines.
- Passionate & curious: You are someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, has a deep understanding of core SEO concepts, and a drive to constantly learn about new topics.
- Results-driven: You are focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- 5-7 years of experience with creating content for the web, with a majority focus on search-driven articles.
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrates a track record of improving content for the web and a passion for researching and creating content.
- Experience with industry tools and analytics required: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- Experience with SEO content briefing tool such as MarketMuse, ClearVoice, or similar a plus.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Quantitative and pragmatic qualities a plus.
- Excel experience, including usage of vlookups, pivot tables, and other data manipulation tools.
- UX or UI for SEO experience and best practice knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $75,000 – $85,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world