Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Programs and Engagement
About Us: The American Transplant Foundation is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to save lives by reducing the growing list of women, men, and children who are waiting for a transplant. We believe that maximizing living organ donation is the most effective way to fulfill our mission.
We love what we do. We work hard because we know it saves lives. We make it fun and inspiring for our partners and volunteers. Saving lives is not easy, but it can be exciting and is always rewarding!
We are a volunteer-driven organization that unites people who are truly passionate about living organ donation and the miracle of transplantation. We are looking for a Senior Program & Engagement Coordinator to make a tremendous difference in the lives of transplant patients and living donors.
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is passionate, proactive, creative, reliable, detail-oriented, positive, adaptable, good writer, and relationship-builder. Someone who is a self-starter and is highly organized. A multi-tasking expert who is always up for a challenge, driven by goals and excels in a fast-paced setting. Most importantly, someone who is passionate about serving living donors, transplant patients, and their families and is interested in pursuing a career in nonprofit field.
Program Coordination; Fundraising/Annual Giving, Event Management, and Communications. This position also performs other development/admin duties as requested.
Demonstrated organizational planning skills and ability to work independently. Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and networking skills.
Personal integrity, flexibility, passion for making a difference on a level that matters, and a sense of humor are characteristics that will enable success in this position.
- Responsible for developing and implementing of an annual fund development plan, in collaboration with the ED, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines.
- Lead strategy and execution of the traditional and digital campaigns for donor engagement and new donor acquisition.
- Program sponsorship requests, soliciting financial support from our constituents, in-kind donation requests, donor stewardship, and grant research/writing.
- Management of Transplant Leadership Council donations and memberships
- Donation tracking and acknowledgement
- Develop and execute with the ED an annual marketing plan that includes events, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Play key role in ATF’s social media presence and digital marketing strategy.
- Develop content for website, email marketing campaigns, collateral, annual reports, data sheets, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Programs and Events
- Lead coordinator of Patient Assistance Program and 1+1=LIFE Mentorship Program
- Assist with planning and executing the Foundation’s special events including virtual events
- Volunteer/Intern recruitment, training, and supervision
- Database management
- Event development and management
- Marketing/outreach, including newsletters, social media, and media advisories
- Provide administrative support for ongoing projects if needed
- Perform related duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- General office administrative duties including answering phones, checking emails, and checking post office box
- Occasional weekend and evening assignments with events and meetings
- Assist Executive Director with other projects and tasks as required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous development experience is preferred
- Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of the development profession in general and as it relates to the Foundation
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and prospects.
- Intuitive communication and listening skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in providing a high level of customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Work, Excel, PowerPoint) Outlook and donor database software
- Critical thinking skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, sense of humor and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Results driven and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
- Excellent computer skills with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including mail merge capabilities. Knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Denver philanthropic community is preferred.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel within Denver Metro for events, donor meetings and related business.
- Flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines and attend ATF related events which may occur on evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $38,000-$48,000 depending on experience