The Senior Development Officer will leverage the foundation’s research and expertise to assist OutGivers in maximizing the impact of their philanthropic donations. They will be charged with identifying new LGBTQ and allied donors to increase funding for LGBTQ equality. Responsibilities will include in-person donor cultivation, organizing donor events, prospect and data management, and developing inspiring communications.
This full-time, exempt position is based in Denver, Colorado and requires travel. Senior Development Officer will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Partnerships.
- Minimum of 4 years in fundraising, political, or relevant nonprofit work.
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships with high-capacity donors or meaningful stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey the foundation’s strategy and its value to donors.
- Puts a premium on turning new ideas into action and being persistent and iterative until we achieve the outcome desired.
- Thrives in a team-centered environment and promotes a culture of mutual accountability, high performance, measurable outcomes, and continuous learning.
- Work with the Vice President of Partnerships to achieve network growth and boost resources directed to LGBTQ causes.
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Cultivate trusted relationships with existing and potential high-capacity donors, key influencers, and members of the OutGiving network.
- Contribute to planning the biennial OutGiving conference and various regional events that keep donors inspired and engaged.
- Create “case for support” materials for prospective donors in support of key fundraising initiatives.
- Conduct prospect research on individuals, foundations, and corporations to assess capacity and affinity for funding initiatives in support of LGBTQ equality.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $130,000 annually, depending on experience. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including health, 401k retirement savings with a generous 10% match, and vacation benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This position is based in Denver, CO, and we require all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample to email@example.com . Please, no phone calls.