It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Senior Director Corporate Communications
- Responsible for developing, writing and editing engaging and effective content for the Company’s internal and external communication. Ensure that communication is reinforced and consistent across all channels.
- Consult with stakeholders to develop corporate communications strategy. Align goals and messages by working alongside executive leadership team, managers and employees within all areas of the CoorsTek business including technology, operations, commercial, human resources, legal, finance, etc.
- Consult and provide support to CEOs on key executive messages. Proactively look for opportunities to promote CoorsTek aligned with the company values
- Prepare print and electronic material for internal memos, press releases, white papers and corporate presentations including creation of verbal dialog for video development, etc.
- Design structure and timing of internal messages and lead innovative, creative and strategic internal communications in support of corporate strategy. Manage and execute the corporate communication process on an ongoing basis.
- Development and governance of a corporate communications calendar that informs and directs communication flow across multiple functions globally.
- Cultivate a corporate voice and measure efforts around internal communications to continuously improve and grow.
- In conjunction with Global Human Resources help shape and communicate the brand story and Employee Value Proposition to engage and inspire 6000+ employees globally. Connect employees to the CoorsTek vision, mission, values, strategies, culture and strategic priorities.
- Align employees and help them understand goals, programs, processes and organizational elements to enable them to do their jobs well and understand what is happening within their business and the broader organization.
- Work with brand manager to help in the development of new external branding strategy that includes traditional media relations, digital and social media, speaking engagements and other opportunities to brand leaders and CoorsTek
- Build social media presence to inspire and include employees and transform traditional communications efforts to align with shifting communications methods and standards.
- Work creatively to generate ideas that drive and build support for internal campaigns and major internal events.
- Utilize excellent research and writing skills, along with understanding of information design and architecture, illustration and graphic design, and business analysis in the development of written materials.
- Bachelors degree in communications
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated corporate communications experience
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with or in manufacturing. Knowledge and ability to deploy effective communications across both production & non-production employees.
- Demonstrated experience creating, leading and measuring holistic employee communications initiatives on a global scale.
- Experience working with highly technical material scientists and/or engineers and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical material.
- Exceptional ‘storytelling’ abilities and the ability to tailor and deliver messages to diverse audiences.
- Experience working within, or closely aligned with a global human resources organization on employee engagement strategies
- Expert ability in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Proficiency in MS Outlook and MS SharePoint (or other collaborative tools).
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Must be able analyze technical data and generate written materials.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- The successful applicant should demonstrate:
- High integrity with an open and participative approach to issues.
- Speed and results orientation, while balancing the judgment and experience required in complex situations and issues.
- Ability to bring creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to problem solving.
- Passion about the notion of “best in class” for him/herself and the communications team.
- Personal ease in a rapidly changing environment.
- “Hands-on” team player who builds strong relationships internally and externally
- Self-starter who is nimble, flexible, and comfortable working in an environment where priorities can shift quickly.
CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!