Project Canary is a growth-stage, SaaS and certification company combatting climate change from an incredible vantage point that can impact oil & gas, utilities, landfills, and ag. We are a Public Benefit Corp (B-Corp rating score 107) that helps monitor and mitigate emissions in the ESG landscape favored by communities and investors alike through independent data tied to carbon and environmental footprints. With flexible work environments in Denver,
Project Canary’s mission is to make net-zero a reality by quantifying climate change and putting actionable insights into the hands of the energy sector. Our diverse and inclusive team of operators, scientists, engineers, and sales leaders know how to network, hustle, and are change-makers by design. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time displayed on a SaaS dashboard. The resulting independent trusted data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using micro-transactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical ESG data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
As a scaling PBC, we have excellent healthcare, a people-first orientation, and a sustainability core. Recently, we were recognized as Best for the World, in the top 5% of all B-Corps in the world for the category of Workers. It means we were recognized for our culture and our commitment to creating a people-centric value system.
The Senior Growth Marketer will be a part of the Marketing & Communications Team. The MarCom team is modeled after a highly adaptable digital agency – we are building an in-house full marketing stack team. The team is currently a CMO, a Director of Marketing, and a Content/Project Manager. We are adding five additional people to the team in 2022 and are doubling our paid media budget. This is an opportunity to help develop the team and our products in collaboration with highly skilled scientists, engineers, and marketers.
As a Senior Growth Marketer, you will focus on driving growth for existing customers across the energy value chain who use a variety of Project Canary products (hardware, software) utilizing the Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud. You will also own the ABM-model MQL → SQL strategy, process, and execution. You will use customer insights, data, and your own experience to design a plan to create the best experience for our customers. You'll work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment and lead innovation to drive personalization at scale. You will focus on the customer, build a growth strategy, and lead a small team to prioritize/execute scalable campaigns and drive new customers while helping expand existing ones. In this role, you will work with stakeholders and partners (i.e., Analytics, Product, Sales, and MarCom teams).
- Lead the building, unifying, and testing of one global narrative for Project Canary customers that is anchored around our core offerings
- Partner with the Business Development and Customer Success teams to adapt high-level messaging for our customers
- Build models to facilitate campaign management, experiment measurement, and channel forecasting
- Lead, manage, and mentor a marketing team responsible for defining/shaping the global marketing strategies for Google Ads
- Drive cross-functional alignment on advertiser growth with executive stakeholders in Product, Business Development, Customer Success and other teams
- Partner with the MarCom team to develop a growth strategy for both acquisition and expansion within at least one vertical (today that is the energy space), understand the incrementality of marketing programs and deploy a performance marketing strategy with excellence
- Develop, build, and run creative campaigns
- Coordinate SEO and PPC strategy
- Implement and analyze performance data of all acquisition and expansion efforts
- Co-share with BD a weekly dashboard of progress, results, and recommendations as well as quarterly and annual rollups
- Run hypothesis-based A/B testing across different channels and platforms by using customer data and key industry trends
- Work cross-functionally with product, business development, and customer success to optimize the full customer funnel via focused testing
- Combine strategic and entrepreneurial thinking with tactical execution to grow our customer acquisitions across channels and throughout the lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience in B2B SaaS growth marketing
- 3 years of experience building and leading marketing teams
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience required
- 4 years of experience leading cross-functional projects
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with Product, Sales, BD, Customer Success, and high-performing Marketing teams
- Ability to connect value propositions and product messaging to build a single global customer narrative
- Ability to use performance metrics to track progress, maintain focus on business impact, and influence content and growth strategies through use of data/metrics
- Ability to use customer insights to persuade and influence executive stakeholders across sales and marketing to align on one global narrative for SMB customers
- Ability to work within ambiguity and simplify complex problems into manageable solutions
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K company match
- Student loan assistance
- Salary range: $90,000 – $130,000 annual base
- Stock options
- World recognized work culture – ranked in top 5% of all B-Corps
- Flexible work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.