In this role, the senior internal communications coordinator creates and shares high quality, timely and relevant communications to internal audiences for HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. This role supports employee education, retention and engagement by developing and coordinating internal communications to increase the understanding of department updates, key messages and organizational goals. This role works effectively with department directors, managers and employees to ensure these efforts are effective, relevant, timely, and organized. This position requires strong communication, critical quick-thinking and strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with senior manager to develop content strategy for internal channels
- Develops and distributes content to internal communications channels including newsletters, digital signage and messaging platforms
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal contacts to identify opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Strong ability to utilize surveys, verbal feedback, focus groups, and other communication measurement tools to adjust and improve internal communications
- Manages logistics for internal communications events such company meetings
- May assist in the development of collateral material for campaigns and managing digital signage content
- Identifies new communication opportunities
- Assists other team members as needed on projects.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of internal communications principals, including change management and strategy
- Experience working within a demanding and complex environment with access to confidential and proprietary information
- Experience in developing collateral and graphic design
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure and managing multiple projects at once, and meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Ability to work with varying levels of staff and leadership
- Demonstrates superior project management skills
- Proven experience in planning, researching, writing, problem solving, editing and coordinating production of internal communications
- Proficient with digital communications tools including email platforms, content management systems, Microsoft Office Suite and analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and experience communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex information and develop strategic insights and recommendations
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Works well in a team environment
EDUCATION AND/OR REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in internal communications
- Experience in Adobe Suite or Photoshop
- Be willing to travel
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.