Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About The Job:
The Senior Manager of Corporate Messaging will build our messaging, naming, and positioning muscle. Reporting into Brand, you will be responsible for crafting clear and compelling messaging at the corporate level that brings the Elastic brand to life while aligning to company priorities and initiatives.
We are looking for someone who thrives in fast paced environments in a constantly evolving industry. This role requires close working relationships with company leaders and the ability to navigate the different needs across Elastic – from marketing to product engineering.
In this position, your projects will be high-visibility endeavors including large industry events, category definition, product naming, brand campaigns, website homepage, and more. You’ll strategically weave the thread to ensure we tell a consistent and relevant story across our key channels.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with our leadership team to craft Elastic’s positioning and differentiators
- Own and update our brand platform, messaging, and frameworks. Including derivative assets like the corporate presentation and company overview.
- Bridge corporate messaging with product messaging, to deliver frameworks executable throughout the full buyer’s journey
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, and Legal on naming projects
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research, testing, and 3rd party research to identify data driven strategies aligned to priority buying personas
- Lead the messaging review process with company leadership and other internal stakeholders
- Work across the corporate marketing team to assist in projects that need elevated or customized messaging. This includes brand campaigns, corporate communications activities, and thought leadership content programs.
What You Bring Along:
- Minimum 6 years of messaging experience, preferably in Tech B2B
- You’re known for your messaging and positioning expertise
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to cater toward different audiences and personas (bonus if you have experience crafting for both business and technical buyers)
- Strong collaboration skills, with people directly on the team and in other functions
- You love working in a collaborative and flexible environment
- Aspiring leader who wants to create, evolve and grow your influence across the company
- Experience with product naming and building naming architectures
- Strong understanding of SEO and experience with implementing organic search strategies
Compensation for this role is in the form of base salary. This role does not have a variable compensation component.
The typical starting salary range for new hires in this role is listed below. In select locations (including Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, the San Francisco Bay Area CA, and the New York City Metro Area), an alternate range may apply as specified below.
These ranges represent the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the ranges may be modified in the future.
An employee's position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Elastic believes that employees should have the opportunity to share in the value that we create together for our shareholders. Therefore, in addition to cash compensation, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic's stock program. Our total rewards package also includes a company-matched 401k with dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6% of eligible earnings, along with a range of other benefits offered with a holistic emphasis on employee well-being.
The typical starting salary range for this role is:
The typical starting salary range for this role in the select locations listed above is:
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.