What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself. Remember how you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we help women living in extreme poverty experience that by turning their spark into a fire of purpose. SBS is an award-winning nonprofit, igniting the impact of other organizations by equipping them with our one-of-a-kind entrepreneurial training, proven to triple women’s income and lift their families out of poverty with dignity.
Who you are:
Are you a seasoned marketing and sales professional with experience managing an abundance of projects and people? Do you thrive building strategies that yield results? Does closing a deal light you up? Do you have an eye for design and written communications comes as second nature? Are you an exemplary model of right and left brain? If so, let’s connect! As our leader of sales, marketing and communications, your spark will elevate the strategic impact of SBS around the world.
What we’ll do for you:
- You’ll be challenged, inspired and proud to see your spark igniting the world.
- By guiding the global expansion of Street Business School, your work will empower 1 million women to lift their families out of poverty.
- You’ll have great time-off benefits, including a paid, organization-wide closure over the holidays.
- You’ll receive an employer match when you contribute to the company sponsored Simple IRA.
- You may even get a chance to go to Uganda to see our programs in action.
What you’ll do for us:
This position will oversee all aspects of our marketing, communications and sales, applying a comprehensive set of skills including strategy, oversight, ideation, planning and presentation, digital knowledge and monitoring and performance reporting for SBS’ expansive communications needs. The Senior Manager of Global Sales & Marketing is a critical new role in our organization because they will be the spark for our increasing visibility on a global level, generating increased revenue for both programs and philanthropy.
Manage Strategic Communications :
- Advance the visibility and reputation of SBS through the strategic leadership of outreach, public relations, social media, thought leadership and increase visibility to build in-bound marketing success.
- Collaborate with SBS teams to leverage cross-department opportunities that hit multiple goals (driving partnership, sales, visibility, fundraising).
- Develop BOLD strategies that create impact, generating broader interest in our growing brand and expanding work.
Oversee Brand Excellence:
- Elevate, challenge and monitor the brand presentation we disseminate to the world.
- Uphold brand standards that are modern, culturally relevant and reflect the world-class nature of SBS.
- Develop a gatekeeper process for the Marketing Communications team to own brand standards, ensuring that teams are adhering to them.
Oversee Sales & Marketing Management:
- Drive revenue through managing a sales/outreach team who enrolls partner organizations in SBS Immersion Workshops.
- Create multiple strategies in many channels to promote the Street Business School Immersion Workshops to qualified candidate organizations throughout Africa and globally.
- Manage and mentor the Communications Associate, guiding project management.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Digital Strategist to establish in-bound marketing initiatives that generate demand.
- Develop annual content strategy plan, calendar and work with communications teams in the U.S., Uganda and elsewhere in the world to implement.
- Oversee content creation and collateral design to ensure a cohesive and world-class look and feel and messaging, upholding the integrity of the SBS brand.
- Oversee photography and video production, creating organization-wide catalog solutions and dissemination.
- Research, define and execute new in-country content acquisition strategies in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
- Contribute to strategies for data-driven digital initiatives aimed at the growth, cultivation, retention, and deepened engagement of our partners and donors.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends and technologies, bringing fresh ideas to marketing programs.
- Hire, manage and evaluate marketing and sales talent including staff, freelance talent and more.
What you’ll need to do this job:
- 10 years previous marketing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of sales and digital marketing strategies, with proven success of achieving goals.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously with excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail, and clear communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
- Ability to guide the team efficiently and encourage pacing and workflow that aligns with the global strides of the organization.
- A facility with storytelling including strong writing and proofreading skills and good design/visual instincts.
- Previous experience managing multiple employees and teams to support them in being productive, proactive, and engaged.
- A positive attitude, desire to learn, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines as well as the ability to prioritize and continuously communicate priorities to stakeholders from a variety of departments.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Global experience is a plus.
This is a full-time role with a salary range of $70,000 – $75,000. Preference is for someone local in the Boulder, CO area who can be in the office 1-2 days a week in the future, and who can work remote the remainder of the time.
Please send us a note describing why you’d be the ideal candidate for this role. Please also send your resume and work examples (to show us how we’d be crazy not to talk to you) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr. Manager of Global Sales & Marketing” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.