- 8 years of experience in process design, technology, and program management.
- Experience in managing programs, cross-functional program teams, and technical projects.
- Experience leading and successfully landing change management initiatives.
- Track record of successfully influencing without authority when managing complex, cross-functional programs.
- Ability to understand the challenges and opportunities of diverse functional areas and convert them into a compelling vision, roadmap of initiatives, and requirements.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment. Ability to prioritize work in a constantly changing and dynamic atmosphere with minimal guidance.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
About the job
Google's known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and work across a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven — and excited to share the magic of working at Google.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups in People Operations and across Google to create a cohesive, integrated approach to talent systems, ensuring high-quality and seamless experiences across the larger People Operations ecosystem. You will synthesize needs and requirements from multiple organizations and partner with others to deliver functionality that power talent management at Google.
You are passionate about and have experience leading HR technology programs related to talent lifecycle management. As a member of the People Operations Process Design and Technology team, you’ll support the delivery of technology and processes essential to Googlers’ career development.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants, and analysts, we're the advocates of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them". We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Build effective relationships across People Operations (POps) leadership, Learning and Development teams, People Partners, and POps Works (Engineering, Product Management, UX). Provide subject matter expertise to identify gaps and potential third-party vendors to include in your build/buy analyses.
- Translate organizational and user needs into initial problem statements and business requirements. Work with POps Works to lead consultative engagements with People Operations and implement systems and processes.
- Collaborate with other system Product and Program Managers to ensure seamless experiences with adjacent systems and process.
- Ensure key user personas and use cases are represented in the design, development and testing and deployment process.
- Drive operational rigor within the team by implementing best practices, work with leadership to vet and prioritize future projects, and lead change management and enablement to ensure new processes/functionality lands with users.