1. Within program guidelines, facilitate and accept referrals on residents from the building manager, family members, service providers and the residents themselves.
2. Assess services needed by residents in the building through surveys, visitations, group meetings, etc. Complete an assessment and collect needed information.
3. Provide the residents information on specific services and /or program providers, giving several options whenever possible.
4. Encourage the resident and/or family members to arrange for required services when possible, to maintain and encourage their independence.
5. Assist the residents on completing applications and follow-up to assure appropriateness and satisfaction with the services.
6. Coordinate and monitor the services and activities of providers to residents to assure quality of care and cost effectiveness.
7. Maintain up-to-date files on service providers in the community.
8. Maintain and submit accurate and updated records on all residents to include the services they receive.
9. Work with the Community Administrator to meet residents’ needs.
10. Develop support groups and workshops in response to needs and facilitate /co-facilitate these groups on a regular basis.
11. Help prepare annual grant application and submit accurate monthly reports.
12. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
13. Attend all required meetings, both within Volunteers of America and in the community.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health or other related field or equivalent relevant experience.
2. At least one year of experience with senior citizens and/or people with disabilities.
3. Aware of eligibility procedures of federal, state, county entitlement programs.
4. Require own transportation, valid driver’s license and up-to-date insurance.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and good organizational skills.
6. Experience in working with computers; knowledge of Windows environment preferred.
7. Individuals with experience in the following areas will be given preference:
– Case management
– Awareness of area human service resources
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Salary: Commensurate with experience, expertise, proficiency and market bench marking.
Benefit eligibility is based on job type/status
Paid Time Off
Pension and 403b Retirement Plan
Health, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurances
Life Insurance (Including Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance/Work Life Balance Program
Employee Discount Program
LifeLock with Norton