PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. People know us best for the PopGrip, a collapsible grip and stand that provides a secure, one-handed way to hold any mobile device. But we're always hard at work inventing new, expressive, extremely fun products that serve a functional need and help do some good in the world. From PopWallet and PopMounts, to PopPower chargers and an expanding line of beauty products, we're tireless in our pursuit of the company's mission to create empowering, customizable, magical products for our customers to enjoy.
This role will lead, support and strengthen our brand’s customer facing voice and persona across social media handles and the PopSockets app, with a focus on audience development and product marketing. You will be the owner of PopSockets’ social presence across handles and feeds and the app, and will inform, editorialize and develop our content strategies that are aligned with our annual brand and product marketing calendar. Working with marketing leadership, you will lead marketing for the launch and growth of the app. You will have the unique opportunity to leave your mark in the customer dialogue, grow our social audience and drive our engagement targets. A close relationship with our paid media and ecommerce team and wholesale partners will enable you to see the execution turning into the revenue stream.
- Be the social platform and audience specialist, leading the team in all new tools and analytics capabilities across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest and other platforms.
- Develop, lead creation and manage editorial calendar, creative and cadence to drive growth of followers, engagement and sales across key social channels.
- Lead a team of channel specialists and community managers, ensuring that all publishing, creative, content, copy and community responses ladder up to brand / product strategy and standards.
- Build and execute upon a social media strategy, leading platform prioritization, copy and messaging development / publishing, community management and re-posting initiatives across owned and partner social channels.
- Lead the launch strategy, marketing and programming of the PopSockets app and integrate that strategy with social media feeds
- Collaborate daily with brand marketing, CSR, influencer, PR and paid media and creative teams including:
- Identifying stories/initiatives to highlight
- Scheduling content strategically throughout the month
- Working closely with creative team and external agency to develop social assets
- Routing content for approval from internal partners
- Be responsible for community management strategy, scheduling and execution.
- Align content plans with paid distribution strategy.
- Lead on-the-ground social media efforts at PopSockets and other industry events
- Maintain relationships with social media platform partners and stay up-to-date on new tools and products.
- Understand, monitor and predict trends and use them to inform social content and strategy
- Deliver detailed reporting and measurement on a daily (during campaign flights), weekly, and monthly basis.
- Translate social sentiment and engagement into strategic insights that help inform marketing and paid media decisions.
- 5+ years prior experience creating social media strategy and content, preferably across multiple platforms.
- Passion for social media space and fueled desire to innovate and achieve audience development goals.
- Educated eye for creative that performs well on social media and ability to brief ideas and work collaboratively with in-house creative team and partners.
- Ability to set long term strategy.
- Knowledge of how consumers use existing and merging platforms.
- Thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- In depth knowledge of Facebook, SnapChat, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other platforms
- Experience executing and managing best in class social media practices.
- Ability to lead a team of channel and community managers.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.