Northeastern Junior College is seeking enthusiastic and self-motivated applicants to fill a new position for the college, Social Media Coordinator. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for assuring that NJC's website is engaging, exciting and informative. This position is also charged with assuring that NJC is active in the social media communication pathways frequently used by NJC stakeholders. To appropriately provide social media coverage of college events, irregular hours are required. Some travel for liaison and professional meeting activities.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Sarah Matthews, Director of Communications and Public Relations, at 970-521-6611 or email at Sarah.Matthews@njc.edu; or NJC President, Jay Lee, at 970-521-6607 or e-mail Jay.Lee@njc.edu. For more information, see the college web site at:https://njc.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Positive attitude through dedication to NJC mission and values; willingness to accept and promote change; open-minded fairness and consideration of multiple perspectives; willingness to take risks, work hard, accept responsibility for personal/professional growth, lead and follow well, accept criticism, handle conflict, and motivate others.
- Commitment to cooperation, consensus building, collaboration, effective goal-setting and evaluation.
- Participation in college related activities and committees.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Relations or related field, or an associate degree with extensive social media experience.
- Ability to work irregular hours (normal anticipated work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 11am-8pm)
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, innovation, and teamwork.
- Ability to commute/travel to college events
- Record of accomplishment in photography, website management, and social media communications.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Colorado driver license.
- Must submit to and successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment background check as a condition of hire.
This is a full-time, administrative position. Salary range for this position is $27,000-$31,000, commensurate with education and experience. Competitive fringe benefit package available through the SBCCOE. Position to begin as soon as qualified candidate is identified.
Review of complete applications will be on-going. Position will remain open until filled. Complete application packet to consist of:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications and committing to expectations
- Completed Applicant Pro Application
- College transcripts from an accredited college or university (unofficial copies acceptable during application process), if applicable
- Complete resume
- Release Authorization (for background check)
Application files not containing the above documentation will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: Northeastern Junior College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, programs or employment practices. If you believe that any of the factors above have entered into the consideration of your application for employment, please contact the Northeastern Junior College Director of Human Resources at (970) 521-6730.
It is Northeastern Junior College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history and credit check. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
If you are covered by the Address Confidentiality Program, CRS 24-21-201 through 24-21-214, please notify the HR Office listed on this announcement so that you are provided the appropriate time extension for notifications provided by U.S. mail. The extension allowed under this program applies only to U.S. mail notifications that include a deadline of 10 days or less.
All materials received become the property of Northeastern Junior College and will not be returned. The State of Colorado must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act/1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired. Colorado fiscal rules require all new employees to be on direct deposit.
For information regarding the security of Northeastern Junior College, including crime statistics for the Northeastern Junior College campus and surrounding area, please see the Crime Statistics at http://www.njc.edu/Publications. For a hard copy report please contact 970-521-6657.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Travel and/or relocations expenses are the responsibility of the candidate and are not reimbursed by the College.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Northeastern Junior College, one of 13 member-colleges of the Community Colleges of Colorado, lies in the rural northeastern Colorado town of Sterling. The community of approximately 13,000 residents enjoys easy access to Denver, the Rocky Mountains and the western-agricultural lifestyle. Northeastern Junior College enrolls approximately 1,000 full-time and 2,500 part-time students through 90 majors in associate degree and certificate programs. As a residential campus with five halls accommodating 450+ students, the college attracts students from throughout Colorado, many states and several foreign countries. Approximately 55 full-time and 25 part-time faculty comprise the teaching staff.
"Northeastern Junior College is a comprehensive two-year institution that is committed to providing excellence in learning, training, and service. We strive to produce skilled and knowledgeable students who transfer successfully and enter the workforce productively. We strive to enrich the quality of lives through affordable and accessible learning opportunities."