Examples of Duties for Success
- Inspire staff working within the Special Events Division to always provide superior customer service to residents.
- Develop, coordinate, and direct the organization, staffing, and operational activities for the Adams County Event Services division.
- Oversee event services liquor operations ensuring all state and local laws are followed and adequate access to resources is available for the organization.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the activities and special events held at the Adams County Regional Park including the annual Adams County Fair and other county sponsored events.
- Oversee management of reservation system and rentals of the Adams County Regional Park Complex and other parks including contract administration and execution.
- Recommend goals and objectives related to the direction of individual special events and maintain the business and strategic plans with an emphasis on long-term financial sustainability.
- Spearhead the hiring and coordination efforts for artist/act booking, shaping memorable events and performances at the new Adams County Arena.
- Review and recommend annual facility policy and user fees.
- Develop and implement the annual fair, regional park marketing plan and sponsorship program.
- Serve as the staff representative on the Fair Advisory Board.
- Work in partnership with 4-H and their events at the Riverdale Regional Park.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Exercises direct supervision over staff.
Qualifications for Success
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management, supervision, strategic planning, and leadership.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of liquor, beverage. Concessionaire, vender, and concert productions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of general fiscal management, sponsorships, budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of social media, websites, mobile app, mobile website, and implementation
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of working with a citizen board, elected officials, and general public.
- Knowledge of recent developments, current literature, and sources of information regarding Parks, Open Space, Recreation, Trails, Cultural Arts, Special Events, and other areas of the Department.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations pertaining to special events, liquor, and beverage concessions.
- Knowledge of the principles of booking, promoting, and operating concerts, performances and large-scale rental events and productions
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Is seen by their peers as a living embodiment of the Adams County Values, Norms and Cultural Competencies.
More Qualifications for Success
Education and Training: A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Event Management, or related field is preferred.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in large scale event and facilities event management.
License of Certificate: Certificates in fair management desired. TIPs Certification required.
Possession of or ability to obtain an appropriate valid driver’s license required.
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Other: Must pass liquor license background check and must be named as an officer on the liquor license.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
Ability to sit, exposure to noise, outdoors, dust and other potential hazards.
Must attend night meetings and work evening hours
Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedule.