Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary purpose of the position:
Build and implement effective, proactive recruitment strategies to address immediate talent needs of the organization. Ensure a continuous supply of top talent, and be accountable for developing and executing multi-faceted, time sensitive objectives to address the talent requirements of the business. In addition, be responsible for developing and executing an effective and consistent hiring manager and candidate experience to ensure predetermined expectations are being met throughout the scope of the recruitment process.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Recruiting – Develops local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, multi-faceted recruiting ideas, such as use of social media. Sources, reviews candidates, phone screens, and interviews candidates as appropriate. Monitors and recommends the usage of external recruiters and headhunters, as well as coordinates temporary staffing solutions to ensure we are focused on providing the appropriate level of value vs. money.
- Supporting Hiring Managers – Partners with departmental hiring managers to coordinate and manage the full life cycle recruiting process, including but not limited to gaining a thorough understanding of business unit needs and culture. Assists managers with creating thorough and accurate job postings, evaluating candidates for best hires, and coaching managers on best practices around interviewing.
- Reporting and Systems – Recommends and makes process improvements on the recruiting systems, reporting and tools currently in place. Helps evaluate potential systems and tools for future use.
- Networking – Builds networks to find qualified passive candidates through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Sourcing – Researches, recommends, and executes new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- University Relations – Coordinates and executes college recruiting initiatives. Attends career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting. Gives presentations at colleges, attends student group meetings, and increases college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Diversity Recruiting – Coordinates and executes diversity recruiting initiatives. Attends career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within organizations to aid in talent pools.
- Partnering with Key Stakeholders – Has an ongoing working relationship with HR, T&OD, and hiring managers to understand the future needs of the business based on forecasted growth. Identifies gaps and develops and executes a strategy to fill those gaps both short and long term.
- Complies with all applicable employment laws, OFCCP, AAP, FLSA, etc.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum.
- Demonstrated experience using resume databases, internet search tools and social networking to find and attract top talent.
- Past history of filling “hard to fill” roles that required using nontraditional recruiting resources and/or heavy pipelining.
- Ability to apply standard independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of recruiting techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Consultative approach to partnering and collaborating with Talent Acquisition, HR, and Hiring managers.
- Documented history of strategic, proactive recruiting.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures
- Experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking system
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances