The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the premier international membership association for physicians, researchers, and medical professionals, who are dedicated to conquering lung and thoracic cancers worldwide. We are seeking a Sponsorship and Exhibits Coordinator to coordinate the fulfillment process and execution of deliverables related to sponsorships and exhibits for designated IASLC conferences.
Day to day, the Sponsorship and Exhibits Coordinator monitors and implements contract deliverables, maintains detailed documentation and tracking, and proactively communicates with internal teams and external vendors, exhibitors, and sponsors.
This nonsupervisory, exempt position is physically based in our downtown Denver, CO office on a hybrid work schedule. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the planning and execution of IASLC conference sponsorships and exhibitions, including fulfillment, logistics, and contract execution.
- Assist the IASLC Development and Conference teams with the full cycle of planning and execution of exhibits and sponsorships for designated meetings.
- Develop and manage conference exhibit processes in coordination with the Conferences department, including vendor planning, exhibit layout, and exhibitor site inspection.
- Assist Development and Marketing teams in the creation of promotional materials to advertise sponsorship and exhibit opportunities.
- Serve as a direct contact for vendors, including the coordination of exhibit logistics, vendor communication, and issue resolution.
- Deliver timely, responsive, positive customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team and maintain positive interpersonal relationships in a small, intimate working environment.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1-2 years of experience in event sponsorships, conference exhibitions, trade shows, or similar work
- Proficiency in standard office applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Adobe).
- Strong technical skills with proven aptitude for learning, configuring, and integrating new technologies quickly and efficiently into workflow.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with donors, sponsors, external partners, and staff as a positive, responsive representative of the IASLC.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, dependable.
- Proactive customer service orientation, relationship building skills and flexibility.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with various IASLC teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Multilingual fluency/literacy would be a plus.
What makes the IASLC the place for you?
- A meaningful mission. Your work will support global efforts to find effective treatments for lung cancer, one of the most prevalent and deadly forms of cancer worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with leading physicians and researchers. You will meet and promote the activities of the world’s brightest minds in the field of thoracic oncology and exciting new scientific advancements.
- A positive work culture. Our people make the IASLC a special place to work. We are committed to living out our company values at all levels on a daily basis.
- Belong to a collaborative team. Our small team creates a lot of magic through our collaborative approach to work. Your work will provide many opportunities to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Great employee benefits. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance benefits. We also offer a generous 401(k) match, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and other perks. In addition, some positions will have opportunities to travel domestically and internationally.
- Hybrid work schedule. Employees are based in our Denver office and are allowed to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Compensation: $55,000-65,000 annually, depending on related experience and education.
We believe the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other lawfully protected status.
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted through the IASLC Careers page at www.iaslc.org. Cover letter and resume are required for consideration.