The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places and people.
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
What You Will Do
As the Global Retail Sr Brand Director your main responsibility is to help us activate our purpose of ‘Daring to lead the world through Exploration’. This consists of 4 key main pillars:
Establish a clear vision to bring to life the North Face DNA at retail through world class consumer experiences. Advancing our efforts towards becoming a best in class in consumer journey, product story telling and shopping experiences across the entire market place. Help establish a global team, capabilities and efficiencies as we grow our retail footprint. Drive the creation and executions of all our brand initiatives.
How You Will Make A Difference
You will make a difference through:
- Working with the brand, DTC and Wholesale leadership teams to establish clear consumer journeys from end to end.
- Working with the creative team to craft and deliver best in class consumer experiences at retail
- Establish a global organization, setting the strategic direction for the brand while leading our regional teams.
- Deliver best in class seasonal brand campaigns, celebrating the innovation DNA of our brand, its rich outdoor heritage and authentic connection with our world of exploration.
- Recruit and manage external agencies as needed
- Manage, lead and coach the retail team globally
- This role reports to the Global VP of Marketing and is part of the senior marketing management team.
What You Bring
- BA or BS degree in brand management & marketing, 10+ years minimum relevant retail brand experiences and 6+ years in management including leading a team.
- Vertical and wholesale retail experience.
- Strong working knowledge across Retail, visual merchandising, store concept and design.
- A strong track record of establishing best in class consumer experiences, product launches and direct to consumer experiences.
- Experience in leading large teams.
- Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change based on purpose and values
- Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
- Must have a track record in establishing procedures, implementing key marketing and retail campaigns.
- International experience preferred.
- Strategic leader with the proven ability to recruit, retain, motivate and develop team. Strong understanding of footwear & apparel marketing across gender.
Where You Will Be Located
NEVER STOP EXPLORING™
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF Corporation. At VF, we outfit consumers around the world with our diverse portfolio of lifestyle brands. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We are committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.