SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Senior Director, Brand Marketing, for Vail Resorts’ Western Region, is responsible for Whistler Blackcomb, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Steven’s Pass brand strategy and creative.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience and proven track record as a high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence.
The Senior Director, Brand Marketing role will be located in Broomfield, Colorado, easily accessible from Denver and Boulder.
This leader should have the ability to set a vision and strategies and then mobilize the organization to achieve that vision. This role will be instrumental in supporting the differentiation of all of brands and the emotional connection with guests that drive business results and long term loyalty.
This leader has demonstrated skill collaborating with analytics and insights, channel teams, creative agencies, and external strategic alliance brand partners to deliver best in class brand positioning, messaging, and experience. This role will lead a diverse team of professionals and collaborate across Vail Resorts.
The Senior Director will be responsible for the following:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and creative for the brands of the resorts in Vail Resorts’ Western Region.
- Develop the campaigns, creative assets, messaging content, and brand guidelines to align the brand experience across all touchpoints
This leader will report to the Vice President, Brand Strategy.
- Attract and develop top talent.
- Leverage guest data and insights to inform brand positioning and creative for resorts.
- Ensure resort brand guidelines to enable consistent execution across all guest touchpoints – including in all Go To Market advertising, across digital platforms, all guest communications, and at each resort through signature experiences, special events, partnerships, signage, and staff interactions with guests.
- Assets for advertising, eCommerce, CRM, all digital platforms, promotions, collateral, and all other brand communication platforms.
- Measure and test creative and content effectiveness.
- Hire and direct creative agency partners, contractors, content-producing networks, and other key vendors to deliver creative assets and hold them accountable to delivery timelines and budgets.
- Rigorous management of budgets with rigorous discipline related to forecasts.
- Serve as a leader in the Marketing organization, working closely with other leaders to achieve priorities for Vail Resorts’ strategic growth priorities.
Desired Leadership Competencies:
- Create innovative marketing strategies; get out-front of the competition and trends; rethink the status-quo, be innovative, and employ a data-driven analytical business approach.
- Build powerful relationships with multiple partners in: the broader Vail Resorts Marketing, Sales & Communications division, as well as Resort Operations, Hospitality, Finance, and other divisions, to achieve revenue and business goals.
- Be out front of the trends, anticipate guest needs and motivations, business and industry dynamics, and create contingency plans for the business.
- Consistently be striving to growth and develop yourself as a leader. Be focused on unlocking the potential of your talent.
- Demonstrate a passion for our brands, our product, the guest experience, our culture, mission and vision. Be committed to providing an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees.
- Build strong collaboration and alignment across functions and resorts.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field required.
- 10+ years of proven brand marketing experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of leading and developing high performing talent.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.