Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile’s mission (www.scaledagile.com) is to help large enterprises achieve better outcomes, increase employee engagement, and improve business economics through adoption of Lean-Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Our fast-growing organization supports nearly 100,000 practitioners of the Scaled Agile Framework through training, certification, consulting services, and a global partner network that reaches over 35 countries and 350 cities. Our success has inspired us to join the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, which enables us to support local non-profits through equity and employee volunteer time .
Overview of position:
The Sr. Graphic Designer will be the steward of Scaled Agile’s overall visual direction. In this role, you will be helping to set and maintain visual direction for both the Scaled Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) brands. As a sole contributor embedded in our energetic marketing team, the Sr. Graphic Designer is also responsible for executing on the visual direction s/he sets in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to generate strong concepts, rapidly iterate on those concepts, nimbly respond to direction and pivot when needed on projects ranging from event signage to print collateral to website wireframes and social media graphics. Experience working in a business-to-business (B2B) environment is required and experience working in a B2B tech company is a strong plus.
This is a great opportunity to put your creative thumbprint on an organization that has sky-rocketed to the top position in their industry and is ready to take their brand’s look and feel to the next level of sophistication and refinement.
As part of this effort, you will:
• Create all graphics for digital, print, and video. Our marketing department does a lot these days: email campaigns, social media, brochures, white papers, slide presentations, infographics, tradeshow booths, event swag, and much more. Utilizing your rock star design skills and superb visual aesthetic, your job will be to create graphics for multiple mediums and channels, as well as create templates for your teammates to use for posting on social media, blog, and email. Your attention to detail ensures that things get done accurately and on time, and your service-oriented attitude ensures that people love coming to you with their design requests.
• Manage the organization’s creative assets. Whether it’s the CEO’s headshot, or the latest courseware cover, you’ll be command central for all creative assets. We will look to you to develop and maintain a file management system that allows for assets to be easily available to all stakeholders in multiple file formats and sizes, and archived when they should no longer be in circulation.
• Help create a cohesive style and design direction for our brand. Our brand is ready to evolve to the next level. Working with the Director of Communications and the VP of Marketing, your job will be to help vet this out, and develop a unified, clean, design language that can be applied to everything we do. You will maintain brand guidelines, and provide guidance for teams across the organization to meet those requirements.
• Bachelors degree required in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or related field
• Minimum 5+ years working as full-time graphic designer, with a minimum 2+ years working in B2B
• A strong portfolio demonstrating a demonstrating a high level of creative ability and a variety of experience in B2B
• Minimum 2+ years managing graphics-related vendors, suppliers and/or ad agencies
• Advanced knowledge/experience of file prep, production processes, and associated finishing operations
• Experience with brand management and ability to manage and communicate brand standards/guidelines
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, with particular strengths in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Ability to create short shelf life graphics (such as for a tweet or blog post) on a fast turn
• A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to accept and respond constructively to feedback
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
• An enthusiasm for learning about our core business, the Lean-Agile mindset
• The ability to learn on the fly, be a curious, versatile learner who is open to change, and knows when to ask for direction
Nice to Have:
• Experience in software or hardware companies a plus
• Advanced knowledge of photography and photo retouching
• Some experience working on an Agile team
• Some experience with web design, WordPress, html, and css
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO. Relocation for this role is not available.
Why work at Scaled Agile:
We have fun taking work seriously, and are positioned to be the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware. This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce better software and systems.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still small, every single person in this organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a web portfolio link and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit.
Hint: Make sure to highlight your B2B design experience in your cover letter—it will get our attention!