The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places and people.
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
What You Will Do
As a member of the HR Business Partner team, you will work closely with key stakeholders to support full spectrum of key HR processes and programs. You are responsible for engineering business-relevant people strategies to improve organization and individual performance within the business. You also help build and support our global people strategies which include key areas such as: talent planning, performance coaching, employee engagement, culture, and inclusion and diversity.
How You Will Make A Difference
- You build trust and partnerships with business leaders and HR COE teams, understanding business needs and issues involving people and process; resolving issues by assisting leaders with action and development plans.
- You understand business priorities and define workforce strategies; partner on solutions where appropriate across HR including: organizational design, talent acquisition, and compensation for business teams.
- You champion and embed purpose, values and culture throughout the organization.
- You serve as a trusted advisor for talent development solutions and facilitate talent planning discussions for ongoing development and positioning of key talent, succession planning and performance calibration; evaluate needs at department, team, and employee level and determine appropriate solutions.
- You advise leaders on coaching, success profiles, and targeted development planning.
- You leverage and translate HR analytics identifying trends, issues and opportunities
- You provide leadership for effective brand/department onboarding practices.
- You partner with inclusion and diversity for specific planning initiatives and training across teams.
- You proactively partner with leadership to drive employee experience and engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- You have a BS in Business Management, Human Resources or have equivalent combination of education and experience
- You ideally have 8+ years of HR experience with a broad exposure to multiple disciplines and/or generalist ideally with at least 3+ years in a manager capacity.
- You build relationships and influence across all levels.
- You have agility to work with teams and individually to assist with business needs, with the ability to think strategically and how practices, programs, policies, and services could align across organization.
- You are customer oriented.
- You provide innovative thinking.
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills.
- You preferably have a background working within a matrixed organization, but this is not required.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Will require 15-25% travel.